• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: 60's/70's vintage tube-fed Savage .22 rimfire semi-auto.

Max Heat

I think the model# is either 87 or 187. The one I am looking for is the one where the end plug in the receiver blends down smoothly into the wood of the stock. I used to have one back in the 70's when I was a teenager. I wish I still had it, as it had certain characteristics about it that I miss to this day. Anybody have one that they would be willing to "unload"?

In trying to find more specific info on the one that I used to have, I am now pretty sure that the model# is 187, as the model# 87 appears to be the earlier model that had the receiver/barrel sitting up higher in the stock, and the end plug did NOT blend down into the stock. I also believe the one I am looking for was manufactured sometime in the 1960's or early 70's. But I have found that it was also sold under a fair # of other names, with the most common of those being Stevens, Springfield, and Westernfield. I would accept one of those, or any of the other names, as long as it is the same rifle. Send me some pics of what you have if you are not sure. Send to: [email protected]

P.S. - I believe that what I am looking for also has one other distinguishing feature that separates it from the other tube-fed semi-auto .22's of that era (and also the present era, if I'm not mistaken). Stamped on the barrel, it lists .22 SHORT and .22 LONG, in addition to .22 LONG RIFLE, as rounds that can be used in it. I think that most, if not virtually all, other tube-fed (as well as mag-fed) .22 semi's only have the long rifle version of the .22 rimfire round stamped on the barrel.