Wrong Bullet in Berger Box!

Hey sorry that I may have sent you a box of 105 Hybrids with a 6.5 included. Please send us all of your 105 Berger 6mm Hybrids in your inventory and I'll check them out for you in our Rifles by shooting them to make sure they work.
I will personally check each one when I reload!!!
Thanks and sorry
Len $ Jill
Now that is customer service

Not bullets but I once found some 20+ oddly bright green colored compound in my Federal small rifle primers in one box of a brick I bought. I mailed a picture to Federal but they let me know it was impossible because of QC.
Whatever. I discarded them, the rest worked well.
Can you elaborate more on this? Do you have the photo still? Was that all they said and just dropped it like it wasn't a big deal? Sure seems like a big deal to me!

Can you elaborate more on this? Do you have the photo still? Was that all they said and just dropped it like it wasn't a big deal? Sure seems like a big deal to me!
Doesn't seem like a big deal to me either. Having made thousands of commercial bullets for over 50 years. The most common error is when a pointed bullet misses the collection funnel or tray and ends up under the press. It has been counted by the counter but will end up one short in the box. This stray bullet may be sighted under the press when doing a different weight bullet and by mistake added to the second batch by the operator thinking it belongs to the second batch. Where you have a mechanical assisted arm there is space around for this to operate and it is possible for the odd bullet to escape. There is a limit to how much checking can be made without greatly increasing the cost. One other problem is one short which usually comes from a point fold which is rejected straight after pointing but it is counted by the mechanical counter. Must add over 50 years making bullets I have nothing to show for it other than having my bullets create a world record Open class 50 shot 5 target record. Most of the expense apart from jackets and lead is keeping tooling well within tolerance.

Bullets go to hand loaders who are looking to make every bullet perfect and can't see anyone not noticing an error with components. Do be safe with primers and powder which where most injuries happen.

Here is a Berger 338 300 E.H. oops. I laughed when I saw it and consider it a trophy.
1649770796902.png

In all my years of reloading thousands upon thousands of rounds, I have never seen this.

I was just reloading 100 rounds of 6BR and started with a brand new sealed box of 105 Hybrids. After seating bullets in 72 cases I picked the next one out of the box and started to seat it. I knew right away something was wrong so I backed off the press and the bullet stuck in the seating stem. Upon inspection it was noticeably bigger than the others. How in the world can this even happen in the manufacturing process???? How does a 6.5mm bullet get put into 6mm box at the factory?

View attachment 355635View attachment 355636
Because every 6mm wishes it was a 6.5creedmoor silly.

Last edited:
The bullet on the right has a lead core and it missed the rest of the process and made out in the wild. The left one is normal.