Wrong Bullet in Berger Box!

jraulsten

In all my years of reloading thousands upon thousands of rounds, I have never seen this.

I was just reloading 100 rounds of 6BR and started with a brand new sealed box of 105 Hybrids. After seating bullets in 72 cases I picked the next one out of the box and started to seat it. I knew right away something was wrong so I backed off the press and the bullet stuck in the seating stem. Upon inspection it was noticeably bigger than the others. How in the world can this even happen in the manufacturing process???? How does a 6.5mm bullet get put into 6mm box at the factory?

tempImage1ID6tW.pngtempImageNHPLFl.png

In all my years of reloading thousands upon thousands of rounds, I have never seen this.

I was just reloading 100 rounds of 6BR and started with a brand new sealed box of 105 Hybrids. After seating bullets in 72 cases I picked the next one out of the box and started to seat it. I knew right away something was wrong so I backed off the press and the bullet stuck in the seating stem. Upon inspection it was noticeably bigger than the others. How in the world can this even happen in the manufacturing process???? How does a 6.5mm bullet get put into 6mm box at the factory?

View attachment 355635View attachment 355636
Russians. In all seriousness the manufacturers I've seen do their very best to keep things segregated. But the bullets are made, processed, and packaged by humans. So this can happen.

Hey sorry that I may have sent you a box of 105 Hybrids with a 6.5 included. Please send us all of your 105 Berger 6mm Hybrids in your inventory and I'll check them out for you in our Rifles by shooting them to make sure they work.
I will personally check each one when I reload!!!
Thanks and sorry
Len $ Jill

Thanks for sharing that with us. Do you think that it could have chambered had you not noticed it at the press.

Have a pic of the round with the 6.5 seated?

I get that mistakes happen, but the consequences of some mistakes can be worse than others.

Maybe ask Berger about their QC process and what their plan is to fix it.

Hey sorry that I may have sent you a box of 105 Hybrids with a 6.5 included. Please send us all of your 105 Berger 6mm Hybrids in your inventory and I'll check them out for you in our Rifles by shooting them to make sure they work.
I will personally check each one when I reload!!!
Thanks and sorry
Len $ Jill
Thanks, Len. I knew you would make it right! 🤣

Thanks for sharing that with us. Do you think that it could have chambered had you not noticed it at the press.

Have a pic of the round with the 6.5 seated?

I get that mistakes happen, but the consequences of some mistakes can be worse than others.

Maybe ask Berger about their QC process and what their plan is to fix it.
It would not have chambered had it been seated. I didn't even come close to seating it before I knew something was amiss. Trying to put a .264" projectile in a .241" hole just doesn't work...........Thank goodness ;)