WOTAC question.

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by BenY 2013, Mar 8, 2011.

1. BenY 2013

BenY 2013 Well-Known Member

I'm still pretty new to the sport of long range hunting and hopefully going to be able to build a long range rifle soon:rolleyes: I really like the WOTAC scope but had a few questions. 1. is the reticle on the front focal plane??? 2. is the reticle itself any relation to the mil-dot system(can it be used in the same ways)??? Thanks

Also for this price of scope do they make any at all that have the reticle on the front focal plane??? Thanks for your time:D

2. BenY 2013

No one????

3. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Second focal, on 9x it is 2 MOA per hash mark and on 10x it is .5 mil per hash mark. I don't believe you'll find anything for this price in first focal.
    I know at one time Matt was working on a first focal optic but I don't know where he is on it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  4. BigSkyGP

BigSkyGP Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm in the same boat, here. I'm interested in the WOTAC. They sound like the Super Snipers, fixed high power scopes, wich don't need the adjustable paralax. A little sturdier due to fewer parts, is how they apear to me.

5. BenY 2013

Alright thanks you guys......this still may be my scope of choice, since I can't afford a Night Force or Leupold:D

6. anothermartin

anothermartin Member

I have a Wotac 4-14. I think I remember seeing somewhere that on 10x the hash marks are 1/2 mil. All in all for the price it is a pretty good scope. BSA has a new FFP scope available through Midway, but I have not seen or heard much yet. Cost is a little less than the Wotac. I have talked to Matt Wonders a few times on the phone, and he has done a great job building a good scope in this price range.