*****Wolf hunting..... now legal in Wyoming******

There are wolves outside the boundry, and the protected area will have hunting in it. Trophy status... but hunting.

Besides the SSS system is quite effective too.. LOL

Wolves will travel hundreds of miles in their roaming, searching. that's how Montana got wolves in the first place, coming down from Canada. the federal govt went against their own strict guidelines when they introduced wolves into the greater Yellowstone area, which stated it is illegal to introduce/bring into an area for the purpose of population/re population if there are already two sets of breeding pairs already present. might be wrong about the number but Nine Mile in Montana already had a pack of nine wolves already there for several years when they did this.
Leep:

Read The Wolf Plan... It Didn't Happen Yesterday !!

The Delisting Did..... Duh !!!!!
I'm sorry I've been busy studying for college not for the wolves. I don't see why your all bent up just because I don't know EVERYTHING that goes on in this state. I inform myself on the rules and regulations on animals and areas I plan to hunt, nothing more nothing less. Gosh, I hope I don't get that grumpy when I get old. Thank you for clearing up the mis-reading I had from the article I found, I'm glad you did. Have a good day sir.:D

I'm sorry I've been busy studying for college not for the wolves. I don't see why your all bent up just because I don't know EVERYTHING that goes on in this state. I inform myself on the rules and regulations on animals and areas I plan to hunt, nothing more nothing less. Gosh, I hope I don't get that grumpy when I get old. Thank you for clearing up the mis-reading I had from the article I found, I'm glad you did. Have a good day sir.:D

The problem isn't that you didn't know. The problem is that you posted as though you DID know.

the wolves are the trophy animal, not the elk, and the wolves become a predator outside that protected area. the elk are just the lunch

I read an article a few days ago about the delisting. As soon as the wolves were delisted, the states took immediate control of them. I read that by the end of the first weekend there had been about 5 killed in one area (outside of the protected area).

My opinion is, instead of the bickering like toddlers. Maybe You Wyoming folks, that are up to par on the legalities, should host a wolf hunt. Work for the cause, not against each other. Being a montana resident I am very aware of the impact of wolves around Gardiner. They are devastating to the economy as we all know. Oh also, where do I find the dead wolf pictures?

Who's bickering like toddlers? I see a lot of folks stating facts and giving info but don't see any bickering. Anyone would be a dang fool to host a wolf hunt anywhere giving the anti's more ammo in the press. About 25 or so years ago we had the national prarie dog shoot in sw colorado to help ranchers and maybe bring a couple of dollars to the local community. It did extremely well right off the bat was going to be a screaming success. As it became promoted more and more nationally the anti's picked up on it and had the shoot blasted in every national and international media known. It became the national cry to save the poor little prarie dog all those mean ole hunters were killing. Every major news network showed up the next year to blast every shooter there they could and show this event in the most terrible of ways. The shoot was stopped and major legislation then came forth severely limiting the hunting of prarie dogs. Lesson learned! That was with a prarie dog hunt! Could you imagine this with wolves as touchy a subject as they are!

Please don't anybody try this with wolves!
Just kill the things and shut up.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.