Winter Curiosity

I did some snooping to see what kind of aftermarket there is for Mosin Nagants. There surprisingly quite a bit. I did get to shoot a custom Mosin. It was pretty sweet. The action believe it or not is very smooth.

Do you happen to know what they did to it? How accurate was it?

It was in an archangel stock, with a timney trigger. Used a rock solid bolt body with a rock solid picatinny scope mount. Barrel was cut down to 20" with a muzzle break. Not sure what was done to the action. Very smooth and fed really well out of the archangel stock magazine. The bolt and barrel was ceracoated. The stock was hydro dipped camp. It was a slick setup, but could have used a better scope. As for accuracy, couldn't tell ya. He had a homemade steel target stand with 3" plates. I hit the plate. Other than that, couldn't tell us. He was using mil surp fmj's.

I used to own an original Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30 sniper rifle produced in 1934. A very simple, but good mounting system was included and the famous PU – scope. With custom-made military ammunition (7,62x54R, 13g/200gr) produced in former GDR (Eastern Germany), this gun was capable of extraordinary accuracy out to 300m. I couldn't try any longer distances due to the lack of ranges. Anyhow, the original little and unmodern scope limits its operational reach substantially. A five shot grouping better than 1' MOA/ 100m is common rule. Those Mosin Nagants have LR - potential without any question.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.