Winter Blues 22 creedmoor

Coldfinger

Well I regrettably sold my favorite 22 creedmoor to a gentleman on here. So in usual fashion I figured I need another to tinker with. Not wanting the wait for a barrel I decided to try out a barreled action from preferred barrels. I was initially unhappy with the 18" barrel length but after speaking with the customer rep I ordered it. His estimate of 4 week lead time was officially a week and a half. Pretty neat set up, Kelbly atlas lite action, Preferred carbon fiber barrel 18"@8twist. I had them ship a TriggerTech Diamond with it. The 18" barrel seems to be quite pointy resting in a McMillan game scout. I'll probably order an AG privateer for it eventually.
First few groups were so so with handloads I had floating around. Then I took it in to clean and noticed the action was being torqued from contacting the bolt release. After cleaning and I letting stock to relieve the torque stress it started showing promise. I settled on good enough in the bitter wind this morning. Berger 70 grain VLD's on top of 41 grains of imr 4831 is holding under half inch without chasing seating depths or bedding action.

Attachments

• IMG_3908.jpeg
    IMG_3908.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3892.jpeg
    IMG_3892.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 34