Winchester SilverTips

RHC

I'm not taking about the combined technology/Nosler ones, I'm talking about the real deal. I found a butt load. How much do they fetch per 100? These are the .277" 130 gr. bullets.

They are worth what people are willing to pay for them and it seems the sky is the limit. I saw people paying $8 for 50 rounds of 22lr at the gun show last week.

I wouldn't pay much over what you would for a hornady or nosler... In this case $25 to $40 per hundred. They are good pills (I've reloaded pulled 180's in my 300rum and they did a heck of a job on two mule deer in 5 minutes) but they really aren't any better than a good cup and core bullet is. Unless they are a deal I wouldn't worry that much about them; old tech. and rather pricy in their day to boot.

I remember shooting them in everything back in the day. They were still making them in 30-06 150's not to long ago. I can't imagine paying more for them than NAB's. Wouldn't have a clue what the BC was but it would be very low with the flat point. They were a good bullet in their day.

Good luck and shoot straight. Especially with the old school silvertip.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.