Winchester 300 WSM

tbrice23

I just got an email from Midway USA ,

Winchester 300 WSM brass is DISCONTINUED ! ????

Not that it should surprise me, but does this indicate a Midway policy when its been so long since they've gotten any
or is this from Olin Winchester manufacturing?

Well they have plenty of Norma 300 wsm brass. It is much better than Winchester brass. And they carry the Nosler brass which is quality brass pre-prepped and pre-sorted. I haven't used it and it is pricy but I wouldn't hesitate to.

Well they have plenty of Norma 300 wsm brass. It is much better than Winchester brass. And they carry the Nosler brass which is quality brass pre-prepped and pre-sorted. I haven't used it and it is pricy but I wouldn't hesitate to.

I can attest to the consistency and quality of Norma brass.

But Winchester has always been my go to brass , I'm familiar with its tolerances, stress capabilities, annealing tolerance and also its limitations.
Looks like Norma will be filling the void.

The on-line Winchester ammunition website still has a SKU # for 300WSM brass. I really believe Midway is just not re-ordering this product, and it is still being manufactured and available at times.

23, the last time I ordered Winchester brass on line did it for me. They were for my hunting pal's new rifle. From a bag of 100, seven pieces were unuseable, 4 with folds in the necks, 2 with globs of brass on them and 1 with 1/2 a flash hole. I couldn't believe that stuff, weirdest defects ever. The dealer did take it back and I found some Nosler locally. Perhaps Midway has issues with Winchester on several levels and decided to call it quits. Many like Winchester brass and swear by it. Just my experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.