300 WSM

With the all-copper bullets, I like going lighter and faster

I did find that with this combination, I went from barely visible ejector mark (I didn't see it until I got home and used a loupe) to blown primer very quickly. It was virgin Nosler brass.

Last edited:
2019 bull.jpg
I ended up with the 168 Barnes TTSX over 67 grains of Superformance for the Colorado trip. 1 shot at about 225 yds & the bull took 4 steps and tipped over. I will keep playing with the Hammers in the future, they sure do look cool........JR

hmmm seems hodgon 4350 seems to work very well with the 300 wsm . Did somebody test the Cfe 223 also . as far i know it is just tick faster then the 4350 .might work with the lighter bullets . my Problem over here is to get hodgon powders . actually i can get some
Cfe. dont know for how Long
thank you very much

Last edited:
SAAMI isn't even remotely ideal in either chamberings, workable but definitely not putting either at their ideal for what were talking.

I respectfully disagree. I understand the recent desire for long and heavy but if you dial in a very accurate node with a saami spec,d. off the shelf rifle, it is what it is, regardless of throat length. So I give up maybe 10-15grains bullet weight with my Tikka WSM. Similarly, you still have to dial in your load with a long throated rifle and it won't be automatic.

JRY46, excellent elk you got there and thanks for the Superformance data! That about fits with their published load of 73.5gn(C) for a 155gn bullet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.