Winchester 300 Win Mag brass

excaliber

Guys,
I'm running seriously low on my Winchester 300 Win Mag brass(WW Super 300 Win Mag head stamp)

I was lucky to find a bag earlier this year but have been looking for over two years with no luck whatsoever. If anyone has some or knows where to find some I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Guys,
I'm running seriously low on my Winchester 300 Win Mag brass(WW Super 300 Win Mag head stamp)

I was lucky to find a bag earlier this year but have been looking for over two years with no luck whatsoever. If anyone has some or knows where to find some I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Only luck I have had was at Cabelas and found PPU at a fair price. Only got 100. Should have gotten more I think. All gone also as with other MFGRS. You may be able to fing it on line at Gunbot,com

Good luck.

Thanks,
I check Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse every day as I live really close. I check Gunbot every day too and have not see any Winchester brass in 300 Win Mag in so long I'm beginning to wonder if they even make it anymore.
All my inquiries to Winchester have not yielded a single response.

I'll keep looking

Guys,

Thanks

I know this sounds counterproductive, but in these hard times, the easiest way to get brass at reasonable cost, it to just buy the cheapest loaded ammo, shoot it and re-use the brass.
In Australia, Winchester brass is all but gone, Remington is getting harder to get and Norma brass is the only regular supply, loaded ammo, however, is plentiful.
I really like Winchester brass, too, so I get a good deal on 100 loaded rounds, normally 150gr Power Point loads are cheapest and buy them.

Cheers.
lightbulb

I have 36 once fired WW cases. Most have been outside neck turned, primer pocket uniformed, and flash hole deburred. Some brass I collected 5-10 years ago for my own potential use. So I prepped the brass for personal use.

I have 40-45 Federal brand cases.

And 50-60 RP brand cases.

Same story. All pick ups from the range. Most fully prepped for my own use but never put to use.

I purchased some Lapua brass before they stopped making it, and that's what I've been using.

I don't see myself using this brass so I can sell this used brass at a fair price - whatever that is. If someone has an interest in this used brass, send me a private message. I'm in Alaska. Could be shipped USPS small flat rate box priority, which I think will add $6 for shipping. It's not new brass from the same lot, but it's better than having no brass.

I was in the same boat. I did find a few bags on Gunbroker but they were either pretty spendy or too hard to find the volume I was looking for. Someone on Gunbroker was selling 250ct packs of Hornady for $230 with free shipping, all the same lot number. I got the brass last week. I am actually pretty impressed with it initially. None of them were dented, the necks look good on all of them except for maybe a half dozen. I am going to start some prep work on it and go from there.

When I was looking for this stuff, the best advice I got was, "You best get something because it is better than nothing. With an election year around the corner, things will be sure to go on short supply." So I just went for it. Good Luck

I've had to resort to once fired brass and purchased a Larry Willis collet die to resize the brass that would not chamber in my rifle. Its not ideal but it works.

Folks,

The reloading store in Melbourne Fl. that I visit has once fired 300WM brass. I believe they are 50 ct. bags. Send me a PM if interested.

Tom

When I use once fired brass, I weigh-sort the casings. It's not a perfect science, but I believe it helps to get rid of the outliers by weight. Then by the time I'm done prepping the brass (de-burring flash hole, outside neck turn, primer pocket uniforming, case length trimming, chamfer case necks, and inspection for thinning in the case head area - where case head separations occur), I feel I've got higher quality brass than new brass from the same Lot.

The one nice thing about once fired brass is it's a closer fit to my chamber after full length resizing, than new brass cases. Yes, it's already expanded in another chamber, but most of the time that isn't a source of problems/concern.

Sorry I just got from an Elk hunt. Winchester 300 Magnum brass has been really hard to find other than 30-06, 308, 270 & 243 etc.

I'll keep looking and hopefully some will pop up soon.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.