Win.Stealth II?

Oregonhunter

Hello All,

A while ago I posted a question concerning the .223 for yote hunting and may have found a rifle that looks decent,I did do a search and found a couple posts about the Winchester Stealth and for the most part the responces did seem to be in favor of the gun.

So do you folks still feel the gun is decent? I am looking to buy something this weekend so any help would be appreciated!

I did look at the Savage,Remington,Ruger,and CZ versions as well and the Stealth did seem to be a little more appealing to me,the only thing I think would take some getting use to is the feel of the checkering on the grip of the Stealth stock but overall did seem to be a decent gun minus the very stiff trigger?

Oregonhunter

I just got a new Stealth ll in .223 WSSM, waiting on bases right now. Big change is a one-piece triggerguard floorplate assembly, different stock configruration, checkering at the pistol grip, two swivel studs, totally different aluminum bedding block imbedded in the stock. Plus the "controled round push feed" action which is pretty slick.

How does it shoot - no idea but will find out.
Personally I like it better than the old Stealth, and they are great rifles.

Trigger was 7.5 lb. nasty creep and overtravel. Easy to improve, now at 3.5 and crisp. If you do not know how to do the trigger job do a search - good info on the net.
Suggest a bedding job also, skim bed the action for a perfect fit into the factory aluminum bedding.

Great rifle, you will not regret getting one. Have tested 11 now, all excellent shooters.

Thanks for the help guys! I am going to shop around and see if I can save a few bucks on one, it did seem to fit me a little better than some of the other guns I checked out.

Take care

Oregonhunter

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.