Remington Sendero SF II

Hi guys,
I am looking at a shiny new Sendero sf 2 in 300 win mag. Just arrived. I have a couple questions. This rifle has the new trigger. Which is crisp, but heavy. How is the pull weight adjusted (of course, this will be done by a factory authorized service center)?
Next, I'm guessing I'll want a brake. What brakes do you favor? I'd like to be able to spot my own hits.

How about a pet load? Hunting load suited to the 26" barrel.

I have an original Sendero in 7mm RM. I don't think you can go wrong buying one of these or the new senderoII. they are incredible right out of the box... Like mentioned above, a few tweaks and they are down right awesome for a factory gun.

I have a Jewell HVR trigger in mine set at 2.5 lbs. I shoot a 168 grain Berger VLD with 71.5 grains of Retumbo powder at an avg. of 3041 fps over a five shot spread with a 21 fps difference.

I had the barrel re-crowned to true it up, the chamber polished and the factory mag. tweaked to load better.

All in all, it is a great gun without spending the $$$ for a custom...

I highly recommend buying one.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.