Wife's first rifle

USAF Marksman

I just picked this Savage Model 10 LH 223 up for my wife as her first rifle. She loves to shoot and already has a handgun that she loves. I'm right handed and she's a southpaw so she's been wanting a rifle with the bolt on the correct side for a while. We found this one and she fell in love. She wanted an easy to carry gun for coyote/varmint hunting and cheap plinking so we decided on the 223. Next we will buy her a rifle for big game. I can't wait to get home and have it outfitted with some glass so we can go shoot together!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 130
Excellent choice! It should serve her well.

My wife loves too shoot but does not hunt ... been trying to convince her for the last 34 years but to no avail. :D

Happy safe shooting/hunting.

Ed

Great Looking Rifle......check out the Leupold 3x9x40mm Rifleman matte black scopes or the newer VX-1 ,they have great glass and are affordable.

I'm shooting Hornady 55 grain V-max bullets in my Savage .223 bolt action Rifle....they are accurate,fast bullets and are easy on the fur of Coyotes plus great knock down power!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.