Wife's 7mm Sherman Max build thread

codyadams

How long for that ANti action...thinking of ordering one myself...
So when the order was finalized last week on the 22nd, they said timeline is around 4 months for the bare action, add 3-4 weeks if I wanted it nitrided. I'm getting it bare, as we are having the whole rifle cerakoted in whatever color she wants.

When I talked to Defiance and gave them the cartridge specs for the Sherman Max in a long action (as opposed to the proprietary medium xm action), they said the best route to run it as a staggerfeed bdl, would be to go with the win mag feed lips, as opposed to the RUM type feed lips.

I went with the long action in case my wife ever decided she wanted to go with a larger chambering, like the 30 Sherman Mag, it would be easy to convert. Until then, I'll just put in a small plastic spacer at the rear of the mag box, around .4"-.5" thick depending on what OAL ends up being, should be easy to shape it, then drill a couple small holes in the mag box and screw it in place.

Last edited:

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce