Why no love for the Sig optics?

I have three Tango 6 scopes on my long range rifles. 1 is a gen 1 the other two are gen 2s. All very good scopes. I've compared them with ATACRs, Razors, and SBs. I will definitely buy another for my current build. I've also been using the Kilo 2400 which is a great range finder for the money!

I purchased a Sig SSG3000 RIFLE last year and had issues. Kinda off subject but about customer support. Try as I may it wouldn't shoot MOA @100 yds. Played with stock screw torque, removed brake, factory or handload. Contacted company several times and no resolution. I own 7 Sig pistols, I'm a fan. Got a local authorized sig dealer and he made it right. He ordered a new one, and sent lemon back. I know it happens but word of mouth sells more products than advertising for me . Kudos to the local guy. New rifle shoots .443 groups all day setup exactly as previous rifle. Shouldn't have taken 7 months to resolve.

I just got back from a pretty tough Aoudad hunt yesterday where we were testing the BDX system (2400 RF, 4.5-14 BDX scope). I plan to get a review of it done in the next weeks, but we put it on there two days before we left and went. Had it on my son's rifle. Long and short, it worked perfectly, allowed him to get off a 571 yard shot on a ram and then it quickly updated the hold for a 200 yard shot.

Glass wise, it's their Sierra 3 glass, so not their best. Nonetheless, in a very brief comparison we made to his VX3i, they seemed about the same. This was not a real test with charts etc, as we were in a hurry. I'll do that later. We just wanted to make sure it's low light and sharpness were going to be sufficient for the trip, and it was.

Overall, our experience was good. Did not dial at all, but sighting in was super quick and easy, but can't say anything about the tracking.

BDX system worked very well, but you need to have the devices fairly close...as in within probably 5 yards or so, for it to work 100%. Again, not really tested it down to see just how far you can seperate them, but suffice it to say, if you are within a yard or two, you are definitely good to go. Overall, so far, I am pretty impressed, which, originally, I kinda was blah on the whole scope/RF integration deal, but since using the system together, changed my mind.

I've had a Tango6 for a little over a year now. It's been moved to two different rifles with multiple mounts. I've been very happy with it. Its on a 6.5 creedmoor and I've made hits out to 1900 yards plus at 200 ft. above sea level. The glass is very clear and I like the internal level. The turrets are not as crisp as I would like but I would not say they are mushy. The dialing is accurate and I really like the turret. I've used it hunting and target shooting and I've never had any complaints about its performance in low light. I am not sure if they have adjusted the parallax settings but I feel like it's a pretty long turn before you ever get to 100 or 150. That has always struck me as strange considering it is clearly a longer range optic. Overall, I'm happy with mine and would not hesitate to buy another one but for the fact that I like trying different brands.

I put. Tango 4-16 on my Aero Precision AR-10 in 308 about a year ago. I shoot it quite a bit and really like it. Glass is very nice. I have Nightforce, IOR Valdata and Leupold scopes for comparison and the glass is up their for me. I had a Vortex PST on there at first, but got rid of it. Just didn't seem As clear and crisp as the Tango 4. The new tango 6 will probably be even better. And I only paid $550 for mine on sale and it was well worth it.

High performance rifle scopes is a small market with an abundance of established high quality suppliers. So unless there are outstanding new features there is limited incentive to buy from a new supplier. I am sure SIG makes outstanding products but what is the differentiator other than brand recognition from firearms?

I picked up a 2.5-12x50MM (maybe 52 or 56MM?) and mounted it on a varmint rifle for night calling. It's a heavy scope. On a .223 I don't think I'll ever experience issues with recoil but its got pretty good glass clarity and the illum. reticle is pretty slick at night. Truth be told, I'm a poor judge of "glass clarity" but I've been happy with this one. I would buy another one for the price point.

I have a tango 6 5-30 on my 375 cheytac, it's been flawless so far. I like the level-plex, I'm left eye dominate unfortunately and have shot right handed since I was a little kid so I'm not interested in retraining myself to shoot left handed. Being able to check level in the scope is nice and it seems to be more precise than the flatline bubble that's on it as well. The glass is considerably better than my nsx, seems to be an par with the atacr. The only thing that I don't love is the parallax/illumination knob, it's a bit on the large side. I own several sig handguns and a couple rifles as well, all of them have been nothing short of excellent, so I thought I'd give the optics a go. So far so good. I lost the battery cap so a called for a replacement, they sent a new one and didn't even charge me shipping, I had it in a week, I also had a night sight on a pistol go dim, same thing, no charge and had it in a week. Customer service has been awesome in my experience. I do wish they were made here though.

Never owned a Sig scope in my life, but I do have a Kilo 2200 range finder and it's honestly done very well. I did put my hands on a Tango 6 yesterday at a local gun shop. Liked the reticle and the glass seemed pretty good. No Kahles by any means, but still not bad. I did notice the elevation turret seemed to mushy for my liking though.

I had a Tango 6 mil version and it was a nice unit. Comparing it to a ATACR is plain sillyness though. I bought the ATACR to REPLACE it as my needs are extreme distance and clarity. Their past history in optics was dissastrous and probably still keeping some from trying one. I have noticed a lot of 4 and 5 problems discussed on various sites. I suspect the damage done to the brand will create some good buying opps for the Tango 6 top of the line model.

DENWA is exactly correct. I work (somewhat) in the tactical business and the minute Sig was able to hire away a few of the Leupold folks, they ran out and told everyone in the industry that would listen. I'm not knocking what appears to be a good business move but Sig is in the money making business FIRST and the quality business a distant 2nd (this recently includes their handguns).
The optics I have seen and used are of solid quality but I wouldn't call them great. They remind me a lot of the mid-line Vortex, good buy for the money but there's way better out there for a few dollars more.
Sig offers a very diverse line of equipment of which optics is just one of the lines. When considering optics, my money goes to those actually in the optics business (NF) who sinks or swims based on the quality and customer service of their optics!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.