Why no love for the Sig optics?

I will say that I had a fantastic experience with their customer service on a rangefinder. They replaced my kilo 2000 with an upgraded kilo 2200, paid for shipping both ways, and had a turn around time of around 3 weeks. And on top of that, the reason for the failure was my mishandling of the product, and I even told them that, and they still replaced it. After having it for a couple years the laser lense was completely scratched up from bouncing around in the center console of my jeep, in a patch pocket on dusty pronghorn and prairie dog hunts, getting dropped in the dirt, etc. I know you had a bad experience, but the vast majority of people that I have heard anything from report a different experience. Perhaps the few people you dealt with was the deuch bag crew....

You could be right - I only had that one interaction with them and it was from August to September of 2018. I only have that one experience to go off of. Having said that, that initial experience will always influence future behavior. I remember with my first Vortex, I was an idiot and lost the windage cap on a 6-24x50 FFP hslr that is on my 300 ultra mag while I was checking zero a couple days before the hunt. I called them to see what the cost foe replacement would be. Not only was it free but they expedited it so that I would have it for my hunt. Gave me warm fuzzies dealing with them - now I have 3 pairs of their binos, a spotting scope, 4 rifle scopes and a tripod. Also, just sent in a pair of binos that I dropped and scratched the lenses on and my tripod I dumped off my ATV and bent the handle on. All to be repaired for my own stupidy free of charge. All of that is to say that because of that first really positive experience with them, I keep throwing money their way. I am far from a Vortex supporter and have other optics, but in my opinion, that level of customer service is what helped them as a new company and allowed people the patience to deal with some short comings while they figured some stuff out. My initial experience with SIG was not the same.

i talked to some sig reps , while at an expo about a year ago ... they showed me their most highly proud scope in hopes of selling one of course. im pretty sure in was the tango 6 , i looked through it for 2 seconds and it had a red illuminated retical, bummer. i handed it back to them and said i doesn't work for me ... seems like a good scope though

why would ANY optics company decide that putting a red illuminated retical only in their scope was a good idea overlooking 8 percent of their potential customers,

you would think colorblindness would be a consideration when making decisions as an "optics" company
**** its funny to me that they cant see , that ***

i was also gonna get a 2200bdx , but it also has the same color ...

Last edited:
It looks like Sig has won a government contract.
https://defence-blog.com/army/u-s-special-operations-forces-select-new-sig-sauer-riflescope.html

"The DoD Award for the TANGO6T SFP 1-6×24 SFP Riflescope and ALPHA4 Ultralight Mount is a $12 million, five year, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, firm-fixed-price contract with an expected completion date of July 2023. The riflescopes and mounts will be built at the state-of-the-art SIG SAUER Electro-Optics facility in Wilsonville, Oregon."

It looks like Sig has won a government contract.
https://defence-blog.com/army/u-s-special-operations-forces-select-new-sig-sauer-riflescope.html

"The DoD Award for the TANGO6T SFP 1-6×24 SFP Riflescope and ALPHA4 Ultralight Mount is a $12 million, five year, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, firm-fixed-price contract with an expected completion date of July 2023. The riflescopes and mounts will be built at the state-of-the-art SIG SAUER Electro-Optics facility in Wilsonville, Oregon."

Blows my mind...

Based on my personal experience with the Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder I will never buy one of their scopes.
The first rangefinder stopped working day one, Luckily I bought it from Cabelas and they sent me a new one. It worked fine as long as the tewp was over 45 degress, that thing would straight up shut down when in use and gave me all sorts of different ranges on the same target!
Got my money back and I'm done with that company, should have stuck with firearms..
Who knows maybe they nailed it with their scopes but I'm not willing to gamble

Based on my personal experience with the Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder I will never buy one of their scopes.
The first rangefinder stopped working day one, Luckily I bought it from Cabelas and they sent me a new one. It worked fine as long as the tewp was over 45 degress, that thing would straight up shut down when in use and gave me all sorts of different ranges on the same target!
Got my money back and I'm done with that company, should have stuck with firearms..

They didn't - not yet anyway...

That is very strange. I have used both the Kilo 2000 and the Kilo 2200 down to negative teen temperatures and they never had any issues. They both sat in my jeep over night, so they were ambient temp, well into the negatives.

That is very strange. I have used both the Kilo 2000 and the Kilo 2200 down to negative teen temperatures and they never had any issues. They both sat in my jeep over night, so they were ambient temp, well into the negatives.
Do some research and you'll find my experience isn't strange.

Do some research and you'll find my experience isn't strange.
Possibly because the first thing I did with both of mine was replace the factory battery with a high quality lithium battery. I had heard the factory batteries are not the best on any rangefinders, so I didn't even test it, just replaced it. Never an issue in Wyoming cold with either. Just me though.

I really like the Sig kilos and have heard nothing but great things about them and if I could afford one I'd have it. I hope they work and the test of time will tell .I can tell you I only have 2 new scopes my diamond back hp ,that couldn't handle the recoil of my .300 weatherby,but they had new one at my door in less than 7 days.my minox zxi5x25x56mm gave out from crappy craftsmanship it took approximately 21/2 months to get a new one ,it was their newest updated model but still I didn't have it in time for my hunt.I know I like the tracts made in Japan'l ets hope the Sigs are what the promise.

I've had a Tango6 for a little over a year now. It's been moved to two different rifles with multiple mounts. I've been very happy with it. Its on a 6.5 creedmoor and I've made hits out to 1900 yards plus at 200 ft. above sea level. The glass is very clear and I like the internal level. The turrets are not as crisp as I would like but I would not say they are mushy. The dialing is accurate and I really like the turret. I've used it hunting and target shooting and I've never had any complaints about its performance in low light. I am not sure if they have adjusted the parallax settings but I feel like it's a pretty long turn before you ever get to 100 or 150. That has always struck me as strange considering it is clearly a longer range optic. Overall, I'm happy with mine and would not hesitate to buy another one but for the fact that I like trying different brands.
A Creedmoor at 1,900 Yards is like ~110 MOA how much elevation do the have ?
I have the Kilo 2000 and the Kilo 2400 AB which I love and matches up ballistics almost identical to my G7BR2 but is easier to add/change profiles and had spin drift, wind, coriolis, blue tooth.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.