Why no love for 6.5 PRC for 1 mile shoots....??

Well.... like an idiot... I just bought more ammo. Suppose you guys have convinced me to keep giving this gun a try. Just bought 3 boxes of Norma Match 143gr for $69 a box. That is a bargain, compared to the first two boxes I paid $120 a piece for.

I'll run 100 rounds through this dude and see where she is.

And yes, I am trying a different scope and I will bed it before I take it back out.

I've had great accuracy with the Savages I've owned. .5moa or better and have been shooters.

Well.... like an idiot... I just bought more ammo. Suppose you guys have convinced me to keep giving this gun a try. Just bought 3 boxes of Norma Match 143gr for $69 a box. That is a bargain, compared to the first two boxes I paid $120 a piece for.

I'll run 100 rounds through this dude and see where she is.

And yes, I am trying a different scope and I will bed it before I take it back out.
Ensure the barrel is free-floated as well.

It might be worth sending it back to savage, they squeak out a few turds from time to time intermixed with the gems. My first 300 wsm barrel had a chamber so overdone we called it the savage Ackley, jokingly it was a safety feature as nobody could steal and use my once fired neck sized rounds.

We cut a 270 wsm down testing impact of velocity from 26 inches, it was some oddball heavy contour and was shockingly out of round. Man o man did it shoot when after we lopped the last 8 inches off.

Get an rma and hopefully it's resolved.

Look at the ballistics chart I posted above. It stands against the others at 2,000 yards.
I have a 6.5 PRC and ULR. 6.5 will do it fantastically just depends on bullet and powder selection. Hunting is a different ballgame. A person has to research and make accurate selections. You're spot on. Let the 6.5 work that's what it was designed to do.