who to build custom rifle

John Baer

I am trying to find information on getting a custom made rifle that will shoot well to 1000yd. Ive been reading alot but need a bit more advice. There are numerous custom rifle makers out there, Reccomendations? I will go with a 7mm or 30 cal. I don't want to burn out barrels quickly. I want <moa accuracy. any suggestion on components, gunsmiths easy to work with who can make a amazing rifle. the rifle will be used for big game hunting. I easily handle 7mm mag recoil without a brake. thanks John

Hi John,

I am in the process of having Ray Romain build me a custom rifle for long range shooting. If you search this board under his name and the .300 Tomahawk you will find out a lot of good information. He is building mine from a Remington action, with a Lilja 33" barrel and a KDF break. There is a lot of info on the round, loads, and just about anything else you would want to know. I believe Ray is on a hunting trip now. Good luck with your project. Frank D

John,
You might give Mike Bryant a call. His website is www.bryantcustom.com. He built me a 300 RUM on a 300 Win.mag Rem 700 action.I used a Kreiger barrel,trued the action and had a Vais muzzlebreak installed. He opened up the feed rails( feeds great, no problems.)Put it in a HS Precision stock, no bedding, it shoots 1/2 min groups out to 600yds ( longest distance I've shot at.)
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.