Who is shooting the 7mm SAUM?

todbartell

I'm about to recieve the Remington M700 stainless 7 SAUM I bought. Just would like to know who all is shooting this round, and what you think of it.

Any handloading advice would be much appreciated.
smile.gif

I am having a lot of fun with my 300 SAUM.
Try using H4350. I could not get enough 4831 or RL-22 in a case to get good velocities.
Have fun, these SAUM's really are great little cartridges.

I have a 7 MM SAUM. Have been shooting it for a couple of months now. It started as a REM 700 BDL SS. Ditched the stock right away and put the Sendero stock off of one of my other rifles on it. Decided it had to much recoil so I had a brake put on it.

Have been using H4831SC at 59 to 60 grains depending on the temp. This rifle shoots Hornady SSTs well, either 154 or 162 grain. The 154 will go a tad over 3000 fps, while the 162 are just under 3000 fps.

Also, shortmags.com has a lot of info on this cartridge.

Doug

I threw together a few rounds today to break-in the barrel. An assortment of 150 gr. Nosler Solid Base BT's, 160 gr. Speer BT's, and 160 gr. Speer SP's over WXR. Shoot/clean/shoot/clean, etc for the first five rounds, then I fired four in a row, cleaned, then fired my last five shots. My 13 shot group at 100 yards was 1.78" for the assortment of loads. Staight outta tha' box!!
grin.gif

This SAUM istruly awesome. What a cool little cartridge. I am ditching the tupperware (actually, action is already sitting in a nice brown laminate alread). Hope it still shoots well. I got a good selection of 120-175 gr. bullets, and yes, I've already been to shortmags.org, it is a great site.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.