Who shoots the .270 Win.?

What are you hoping to accomplish that you can't currently do with your 270?

Precision, repeatability, less wind drift, down range energy, etc...?

You may need to rebarrel/rechamber. Or, you may benefit more from better optics, LRF, bullets, etc.

-- richard

What are you hoping to accomplish that you can't currently do with your 270?

Precision, repeatability, less wind drift, down range energy, etc...?

You may need to rebarrel/rechamber. Or, you may benefit more from better optics, LRF, bullets, etc.

-- richard

The 270s is all need… to be honest I think the 270 is more accurate than the 30/06 and is nicer to shot. Don't think I'll be achieving more whit the 30/06 the 270 shots fine and kills everything I Hunt
And actually don't think I'll ever be getting a 06, me bro has a Remington SP in 30 06 and it's a hunk of S*I*..

I purchased a Win Mdl 70 270 Win in 1952 and started reloading ammo for it in 1953. That old rifle has shot pronghorn, mule deer, elk, and unwonted critters . I still can get it to shoot 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 Yds off a bench rest which is still good for big game hunting. It shot 3/4 inch groups when new. Later I did get a 264 Win Mag, 308 Norma Mag, and 340 Weatherby Mag and used them for elk and some deer hunting. Rebarrel you 270 when it is no longer as accurate that you like, but its hard to beet the old 270 Win round.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.