Who hunts with a 12+lb rifle?

I ride mine in on my Yamaha Grizzly and walk a couple hundred yards to my stand.
Since we own the property there is no issue with the ATV. Check the wind decide which stand works best and ride there. I have extra socks gloves snacks anything?
It even totes the dead deer back home!

I'm in the process of putting a 338 RUM together and wouldn't mind if it's on the heavy side. The property I hunt isn't terrible - I can pack in and find a nice area to glass. Hoping to have it set for this fall!

I hunt with a 14 lb sml 45 cal . when possible the 4 wheeler lugs it for me to my blinds , i have slung it on my shoulder and walked the 1000 yards to the blind using a Slogan sling .......but if ur going to take the bench gun to the field my experience indicates u have a bench in the blind ...

Lots of young "Bad Azzed" dudes on here, lots of testosterone flowing!!!

Here in Texas, most hunt from blinds, so 100 yards is a long walk to the blinds. I "used" to carry my 13# 7mmWSM.

I'm 66 now and have traded to a Barrett Fieldcraft with a Swaro Z-6 5-30X

What a joy it is to carry. No problem if I would ever make a 500 yard shot, farther than this is for the 20# .338 guys

Carried my 16 lb edge 6 to 7 miles a day from 7000ft -11000ft elevation on my last mountain hunt. Pack was mystery ranch crew cab.

10-1-13 171.JPG

My Weatherby Mark V Terramark with all of the goodies on tops the scale at around 12.7lbs. After a week of Elk Country that 12.7 feels for like 100! I use a Cabelas Pack Frame to haul it around.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f12.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_f12.jpeg
    1,001.4 KB · Views: 242
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts