White tail only gun 300 mag or 7mm mag ?

Are deer can go 250-275 dressed but a good one 185-220 . You guys think I can reload a round for a 7 mm mag that at 400 yards put it on his back and punch his lungs ?
You wouldn't even need to handload for that, there's tons of high quality factory ammo that'll handle that with ease.

Thanks guys for all the help , looks like it will be a 7 mm mag .
Now what make model
T/C. 1000.00 gets 1/2 moa out box

Interesting... Your rifles accuracy will be marred to the performance of the rifle, ammo, conditions, and shooter working in concert. Having said that:

I don't think you will find a more accurate rifle, for the money, than a Sako. My 270 is a TRG-S M995 action. If you can find a safe queen M995 you would be golden. Sako stopped making the TRG-S due to the high production cost of the M995 action -- same action used in their TRG sniper rifle.

Interesting... Your rifles accuracy will be marred to the performance of the rifle, ammo, conditions, and shooter working in concert. Having said that:

I don't think you will find a more accurate rifle, for the money, than a Sako. My 270 is a TRG-S M995 action. If you can find a safe queen M995 you would be golden. Sako stopped making the TRG-S due to the high production cost of the M995 action -- same action used in their TRG sniper rifle.

I can attest to that, my SAKO M995 factory (with a ballsy 5 shot 1 MOA guarantee) in .300 WM except for MB install harvested a MT bull elk at 931 yards with 190 Berger VLD 3043 FPS handload in 2013 ...

Attachments

• 2013-11-02_10-02-47_757A.jpg
    2013-11-02_10-02-47_757A.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 41
For something a little different, I would suggest a Ruger #1.

It is a falling block single shot, but with practice, can be fired just as fast and accurately as a repeating bolt action.

One thing I learned from shooting my SS 7mm mag is I become very calm knowing I have 1 shot.

The rifle is heavy for its size. That may be a deal breaker.

I have both calibers rigged up with a long range scope that has the compensating reticle (as well as the ability to dial). I think they are both fantastic and I usually grab whatever one I feel like shooting that day. However, at the longer ranges I track a little less with the 300

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.