Whidden Hyraulic Forming Die

stephenr6565

Has anyone used the Whidden hydraulic forming die I noticed this on their website and was curious if anyone has used them and how well they work. I have always wanted to do a wildcat that you have to fire form but never had, not really because of the actual fire forming process but I just hate the thought of wasting barrel life to form cases

Has anyone used the Whidden hydraulic forming die I noticed this on their website and was curious if anyone has used them and how well they work. I have always wanted to do a wildcat that you have to fire form but never had, not really because of the actual fire forming process but I just hate the thought of wasting barrel life to form cases

I have one for my 6.5 Sherman Shortmag and it works just fine. I also have a Hornady for my 6.5 Sherman and it also works well......Rich

I have one on order, just contact them for any question ... Carrie has been very responsive and helpful.

Their next production run is the 1st week of February with the delivery date of late March.

I have always wanted to do a wildcat that you have to fire form but never had, not really because of the actual fire forming process but I just hate the thought of wasting barrel life to form cases

I know what you mean; it depends on the wildcat though, I have a .270 AI and I just developed accuracy loads for .270 Win and .270 AI.

Good luck!

Ed

Sorry for the irrelevant to the thread question, but I'm awaiting a 270AI reamer, what dies do you use Ed?

Thanks, Marshal

I have one on order, just contact them for any question ... Carrie has been very responsive and helpful.

Their next production run is the 1st week of February with the delivery date of late March.

I know what you mean; it depends on the wildcat though, I have a .270 AI and I just developed accuracy loads for .270 Win and .270 AI.

Good luck!

Ed

Marshal,

Sorry I don't have the P/N handy with me at the moment but it's a Redding.

Ed

Marshal,

This is what I have ...

P1232106_zps212ede66.jpg

Ed

Sorry for the irrelevant to the thread question, but I'm awaiting a 270AI reamer, what dies do you use Ed?

Thanks, Marshal

I use Lee collet neck, and seating dies for my 270 AI.
I fire formed with cream of wheat and Bullseye powder.

Well I feel like a turd for the derail, but I'm thinking about a Newlon die blank and reaming it with my chamber reamer.

I use Lee collet neck, and seating dies for my 270 AI.
I fire formed with cream of wheat and Bullseye powder.

I tryed member? the only decent brass I can see up here is Lapua 06 so it'll be based off that

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.