Which Tripod Vise For Shooting

Another vote for Arca. I used several adaptors (M-LOK to Arca, a rail from the BDL bottom metal to front stud, some chassis even have the rail formed in now), the adaptors were cheaper than a saddle and worked with the tripod as it sat.

I just bought a bog pod death grip. Plan on using it this season. Appears well made and locks tight, and the price was reasonable.

Looking at getting a vice/ clamp for my RRS Ascend Tripod. Anyone have any head to head comparisons of the RRS Vyce, Reaper Grip or Hog Saddle.
Have used Hog Saddles atop numerous tripods for years with zero issues. Have moved several rifles to the ARCA design. Still like the Hog Saddle. Many choices, personal preferences.

I'm also a convert over to the arca clamp / rail combo. I use a small 3" Henderson rail on my rifles and they are the ticket. View attachment 302626View attachment 302627
I have the Hog Saddle but would like something more stable. Couple of questions:

Can the rail be removed and the holes plugged with shorter screws? It would be nice to be able to remove that for some whitetail hunts. Does it bother you or get in the way when you aren't shooting with a tripod?

Part of the slop in the Hog Saddle makes it easier to get on target…you don't have the be exact with where you lock the head (in my case, the RRS Anvil-30 head). Is this so stable that it is difficult to get the gun on target bc it is hard to be exact with a ball head?

Thanks

I went direct arca rail with Anvil 30 head. For those rifles without an arca rail I went Kopfjager Reaper Grip direct mount that qd's with the Anvil 30. I have played with the Hog Saddle and a couple of 3D printed clamps and much prefer the Reaper. Securely fits a wider variety of rifle forearms, without damaging any finish or scratching, so far. Excellent for a quick squirrel sniping trip. Fits my needs so just my opinion.

Another vote for arca direct on rifle.

However, if you still want a RRS Vyce... I have one I will sell you cheap.

I have a reaper that I love using for hunting.

But for PRS the arca is much faster and more secure. That would be my vote.

Recent Posts