shooting yoke adapter for a tripod

JohnyRingo

Is anyone using a shooting yoke adapter for a tripod for shooting long distance? I'm always packing a tripod for my compact spotting scope. I'm thinking I just need a yoke adapter for my tripod and that would be the way to go. There are a couple of inexpensive ones on Amazon, but I am not sure I want one that pivots.

Amazon.com: Hammers V Yoke rest mount attachment with 1/4-20 Camera thread for monopod shooting stick tripod: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Glide Gear V Yoke Hunting Gun Rifle Stick/ Monopod / Tripod Holder: Sports & Outdoors

I started down this path a short while ago. I ended up just getting a Primos trigger stick. Its not as steady as the "sniper tripods" but it sets up WAY faster.

I just got a Hog Saddle (they also have the Pig) gambling I could get multiple uses out of it. Only had it for two days but right away I determined I could attach it to my tripod and leave it there. By closing the jaws of the saddle on my tripod adapters attached to my spotting scope, rangefiner and camera I can quickly attach and remove any of these devices. I think it's going to work great. Will test it out in the field on a white tail hunt in a month.

I have had very good results with the Hammers V Yoke. Used it on multiple platforms with a quick adapter for easy change out. Actually, I use two, one for forearm and one on a light monopod for stabilizing shooting arm.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.