Which Tripod Vise For Shooting

Foster Hunter

Looking at getting a vice/ clamp for my RRS Ascend Tripod. Anyone have any head to head comparisons of the RRS Vyce, Reaper Grip or Hog Saddle.

I have the vyce. It is rock solid with their tripods, very quick and easy to open and clamp it down on a rifle. I haven't used any others but it is great, highly recommend.

I've tried them all and currently have a RRS Vyce that sits in the closet. I have found the best option (for me) is adding an arca plate to my rifles and doing a direct attach. Cuts down on weight and has less wobble. You can also swap out for a spotting scope or bino mount easily. Area 419 makes some nice arca plates and Salmon river solutions has a great plate with both Arca and Picatinny with a curved interface that will match well to a rounded style hunting stock. If you are interested, I'll give you a good deal on the Vyce. Just PM me.

I run a small interface from my outdoorsman or another pack tripod,that goes to my pic rail plate.If im packing a spotter.Most time just use my atlas bipod

I've tried them all and currently have a RRS Vyce that sits in the closet. I have found the best option (for me) is adding an arca plate to my rifles and doing a direct attach. Cuts down on weight and has less wobble. You can also swap out for a spotting scope or bino mount easily. Area 419 makes some nice arca plates and Salmon river solutions has a great plate with both Arca and Picatinny with a curved interface that will match well to a rounded style hunting stock. If you are interested, I'll give you a good deal on the Vyce. Just PM me.
I'm also a convert over to the arca clamp / rail combo. I use a small 3" Henderson rail on my rifles and they are the ticket.
AE9159A0-C723-4DA8-8D9D-6273094FA4EB.jpeg
5F3CB514-007F-46C1-BE22-A5705DAB9CEF.jpeg

I have a HOG Saddle but I'm currently trying to convert my rifles over to an ARCA setup. HOG is a bit heavy but built like a tank and extremely easy to use. I'm just switching some rifles to ARCA so it's one less thing to carry with me. My latest two Manners stocks even have them incorporated into the stock from the factory (LRH models).

I like the versatility of a Hog Saddle. I can clamp a spotting scope or range finder in it quickly. I have used it as a rear rest while in a box blind while bagging the fore end. Some have the opinion that the hard mount of an ARCA mount causes more rifle bounce than the soft mount of a Hog Saddle. I don't have any personal experience with the ARCA.

Looking at getting a vice/ clamp for my RRS Ascend Tripod. Anyone have any head to head comparisons of the RRS Vyce, Reaper Grip or Hog Saddle.
I have one thru Sportman's Guide called the death grip. It holds my High Country 280 Ackley improved With a vortex 4x24 scope over 9plds in weight. wonderful Tight .I highly Reomend.