Which three must have calibers.

Which three must have calibers based on current bullet selection, not necessarily cartridges. For medium to large game if you only had three choices. List in order from most important to least important as if you would have to narrow down to only owning the first listed.

Sorry for the edit, but say up to elk for large game.
204 ruger
7mm RM
300wby

.224 varmints make mine a 223
6.5mm antelope and deer make mine a 6.5x55sweede
.338 elk, bears and moose make mine an Edge

1. 30-06
2. 243 Win
3. Players Choice (I chose 300 WSM)
In that Order

You can do anything and kill anything with just #1. Easy to get reloading components for, as well as factory ammo if needed. These are what I chose and currently have.

Which three must have calibers based on current bullet selection, not necessarily cartridges. For medium to large game if you only had three choices. List in order from most important to least important as if you would have to narrow down to only owning the first listed.

I'm just repeating what I've read and have since learned to be true.
.22 LR
.308 Winchester
.338 Win Mag

22-250, 30-30, 308 or 30-06 any of those will take down the largest game in N America those that need a Cannon to go hunting need to practice shooting and take better one shot kills.

The range of the elk can be a factor on what caliber/chambering for the end user.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.