Which spoting scope is best for the money?

vbashi

I am searching to get a spotting scope, preferably something that can be carried in the back pack without using a mule to help you up the mountain. I am leaning towards a 65-75 lens but not sure about the brand yet. any ideas?

What is your budget range?? Really some nice choices but they vary with price....which is obvious. But I'll throw out some options that I think are really decent. Take my suggestions for what their worth...not a whole lot :).

I purchased a Meopta a year ago....finally got a deal of a lifetime on a purchase...but it's exactly like this one:

Meopta Meostar S2 82 HD Straight Spotting Scope w 20 70x Eye Piece 543220 | eBay

This scope is super clear and color rendition is excellent. I've always wanted to have a Swaro or Zeiss.....but this is very similar and ran me half the cost. It's also the platform that NightForce uses for their spotting scope.

I've also owned a couple of Vortex spotters. Both have been very nice as well. Here are examples that would be excellent as well:

Vortex Viper HD 15 45x65 Angled Spotting Scope VPR 65A HD 875874003293 | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vortex-Razo...4&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=221679913634&rt=nc

And if you're budget is a little tighter:
Vortex Diamondback 20 60x60 Straight Spotting Scope DBK 60S1 | eBay

Having listed the above scopes.....there's very nice offerings from Nikon, Leupold, Kowa and some of the Pentax also get good reviews....plus some others that I've forgotten to mention.

Good Luck.....There's been a boon in spotters that is rivaled only by that in the rifle scope segment.

Wayne

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.