Which scope Vortex or Zeiss

I have owned a Vortex (Viper HS 4-16x44), very good scope overall....but it ain't no Zeiss.

Zeiss makes purebred hunting scopes...slimmer and trimmer but not always lighter.

Vortex has done a good job of straddling the fence...most of their scopes are hunting/tactical combos....fatter, bulkier, and usually heavier.

I haven't looked through a Vortex any further up the line than the Viper HS...so I cannot comment on the glass in Vortex's top of the line models...I can and will say that the 2 Zeiss scopes I have are the brightest, clearest, and cleanest optics I've ever looked through (a new Conquest HD5 and an old Conquest MC)....comparably priced Leupolds can't touch them, Nikon can't, and the Vortex can't either.

I was a Luepold man for years and tried I Zeiss conquest scope about 10 years ago I am sold on them. For low light conditions they make it hard to be honest. I have a Vortex scope and its just okay.

I need to look at the 6.5-20 adjustment range again I thought it was higher than 45 MOA but I may be thinking of the 4.5-14.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.