Help on deciding which zeiss scope.

baydog7

I am trying to decide which Zeiss scope I need, Conquest vs. Victory? I have a couple of 4x14x50 conquest and have had no problems out of them. I'm wanting to step up a notch and go with the 6.5x20x50 conquest or the 6x24x56 victory. I will be shooting out to 1,000 yards and using it for a hunting scope also. The scope will also have the #43 ret. I am wondering if the price difference is worth the victory. Any input would be appreciated.

I am trying to decide which Zeiss scope I need, Conquest vs. Victory? I have a couple of 4x14x50 conquest and have had no problems out of them. I'm wanting to step up a notch and go with the 6.5x20x50 conquest or the 6x24x56 victory. I will be shooting out to 1,000 yards and using it for a hunting scope also. The scope will also have the #43 ret. I am wondering if the price difference is worth the victory. Any input would be appreciated.

I went with the Conquest line because of cost. If $$ were no object at all...Id probably have bought even higher up the food chain!.....:)....but all of mine ( 2 of the 6.5x20) and a single 4x 14 do me super fine. Ive got a hankering to get another to replace a Redfield that I havent liked since I installed it!!!

The conquest is not the victory. Much more internal adjustment, better glass, and better eyebox. I've used both and there is a noticeable difference in the optical quality of the two. There are deals out there to be had on the Victory. Just call around. Start with these guys: SportOptics

Zeiss is running their promotion currently with Kenton Industries. You can get an indexed turret for the load you choose to use for free.

This is comparing apples to oranges, the Victory line-up is a much better scope in all areas. As stated you get better glass, more adjustment, and a more stoudt scope. There are quite a few of the Victory's out there that are demo models sitting around that you can save quite a few bucks on if you look too. I love all of my victory scopes.

Mac

I appreciate the input from everyone. I am suppose to have my victory here Monday. Does anyone use it for a 1,000 yard or farther? I'm pushing a 250gr around 3,000 fps. I hope it will be a good combination. I feel like a little kid at Christmas waiting for it.

Thanks,

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts