Which scope rings for 300 yard rifle with 1in scope?

Bigeclipse

Looking for some low to medium height scope rings for a savage rifle using a weaver/picatinny style base. This rifle will be used to hunt deer 300 yards and in so don't have to be the most crazy expensive rings. Thanks

You could probably get buy with most anything for that purpose. If you go the less expensive route it would be good if you could lap the rings in to help ensure the bore is aligned.

If you have a high quality picatinny rail and put high end rings on it the alignment is pretty much taken care of.

I like the Leupold PRW rings. They look great. I have a pair on a 300 RUM. NO issues. The top part of the ring kinda snaps over the top of the scope. Seems weird when you first start to use them. How you install them is to lay a dollar bill over the top of the scope snap the top ring over that and then pull the dollar bill out. These are quality rings that look really nice on a rifle. Check this Youtube review.

[ame]https://youtu.be/VnqSYK3G4t0[/ame]

I have been buying Vortex Viper rings lately. They are really nice USA made rings.
My second choice would be Burris signature Zee rings.

I have been buying Vortex Viper rings lately. They are really nice USA made rings.
My second choice would be Burris signature Zee rings.

I have been thinking of buying a set of the Vortex rings and trying them out.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.