Which primers? powder?

Rem 6 1/2 and 9 1/2 in stock. Also large pistol CCI 400s. Was just there tonight at 8pm. I know you were looking for large rifle...thought I'd let you know.

DreamMaker, cheddar,

There is a place on Hwy 14 west of Janesville. The guy is only open after 5:30pm during the week, weekends he does a lot of gun shows. He's cheaper than Gander and can get whatever you want, usually rather quickly, although primers have been hit and miss lately. If either of you guys want his contact info shoot me a PM and I'll send it off to you.

Chris

winmagman - please send me the info. Gander never seems to have a good selection and what the do have is high priced. FYI - I buy a through Gunbroker. Right now I have several bids out on match grade primers (large/small rifle). Since I'll be buying in groups of 1000 or more the prices are better than the lowest prices offered by INTERNET resellers and way better than Gander. I've also got bids out - already won some - for .224 and .30 match grade bullets. I've also got bids out on once fired Match brass for .223 and .308. I'll probably buy my powder this way too.

Winmagman I assume you shoot a magnum? I have a Rem 700 KS Mountain in .300 WM, but I wasn't planning on reloading for it right away. Here's a deal I'm will to offer you and cheddar. If you let me know what you components you need or what your interested in, I'll let you know what I'm dealing on. I'll share the quantity unit price and we can split the shipping/hazard fees -everybody must win though. I think I'm smack dab between you guy's and that why I offer.

DM,

I agree about Gander, it seems like every time I go in there for reloading stuff I come out disappointed.

I currently load for a 300 WM, 7 SAUM, 7-08, 6.5-284, 243, and 2 6.5WSSMs. I don't shoot the 300 or 243 much any more so I'm not burning up any of those components. For the others I'm sitting fair on stuff right now and its probably not healthy for me to buy any more until the wife gets back to work. :D I do appreciate the offer though and may take you up on it in the future.

PM sent with requested info.

Chris

You got quite a collection there! If I had that many calibers I would have been reloading long ago. I'm just .223, .308, 300 WM and 45/70 (that I don't shot much these days). I do shoot 22's and 22 WM quite. The .22 mag is one of my all time favorites.

You got your components before the big price run up! Gander want $5.00 for standard primers and $30.00 to $50.00 for .224 and .308 respectively. Midway and MidSouth have good prices, similar to what you paid, but nothing is in stock. For some components, primers for instance, they won't even take back orders. Even if they had primers and powder in stock, you have keep the shipping and hazmat fees in mind.

I do shoot 22's and 22 WM quite. The .22 mag is one of my all time favorites

Me too, I've got two boys (8&9) that are cutting their teeth on the rimfires right now. We shoot a Marlin mod 60, a tricked out Ruger 10/22, 2 Ruger mod 77s one in 22 mag and one in 17 hmr, and thier favorite a 70 yr old Remington mod 6 single shot, they just can't get enough of that one.

I picked up one of those "dueling tree" type targets, and I'm pretty sure they'd bankrupt me if I didn't limit the amount of ammo I took per trip.:D They do have a blast though.

Chris

Since I'm not loading yet, I really shouldn't but anything other than the equipment. I coaxed the wife into letting me get the Lyman 49th edition manual. There is a ton of good knowledge in there. No work is the worst thing I have ever had to endure. I'm sick of penny pinching.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.