Which press?

I just noticed that mine says RC IV on it and it is about 4.5 inches from the ram to underside of the top so it must be Chinese made.

I just finished loading up 25 each 30-06. I always check/fix concentricity and about 5 of those were out by 0.005", another 5 by 0.003" and the rest were 0.000" to 0.002" which I don't mess with. If this press didn't have the 4.5 inches space I'd have some issues loading the RUMs and such so I supposed I'm glad I have one of the new bigger Chinese units. Works for me.

Well, thanks for your input. After the last conversation I had with my friend who is letting me borrow the RC, it sounds like I'll get to use his for at least a year. He said he'd think about selling it but I could use it until he needs it (he hasn't loaded for a rifle in over three years :D).

I used my father in laws rockchucker which is the one I learned on. Its a very good press I have nothing bad to say about it, BUT I found a forester COAX for 60$ at a pawnshop. It is awesome. It the best buy I think I ever made. Forester first, Rockchucker second.....

I used my father in laws rockchucker which is the one I learned on. Its a very good press I have nothing bad to say about it, BUT I found a forester COAX for 60$ at a pawnshop. It is awesome. It the best buy I think I ever made. Forester first, Rockchucker second.....

the only way to load straiter ammo is to use an arbor press with inline dies. I start looking for issues if my loaded rounds show .0017", and my norm is about .0014" to .0015" TIR. Full length sized rounds almost always come in at about .0005" or less. Use nothing special, and my normal die set is from Forster. I have loaded groups of ammo that came in well under .001". By comparison I get .0012" or less out of my K&M arbor press and Wilson dies. I do have one set of .222 rem. dies that were built by Ferris Pindell, and these always come in at about .0008" TIR. So the die has a certain impact on the equation as well.
gary

No love for Redding "Big Boss" presses?

I'm also in the market to get back into reloading and started out with a Rockchucker, but prefer US made if possible....

I'm not a fan of how the Forster Co-Ax operates though there are many who have excellent results/opinion of them.

I started out with a rcbs junior of my dad's...........a lonnggg time ago. When I bought my own it was a rock chucker which I used for........I don't know, 25 plus years. Moved to Texas and wound up with a Hornady lock-n-load, which I didn't think I would like at first but I gotta admit, I sure like it now. I reckon the press might be the least important piece of equipment a guy uses......long as it goes straight up and down :)

I have a Redding T7 turret press and I love that thing. It is a solid piece of equipment.

Same here, I have two of them and been using them for years.

Jeff

Hey guys - thanks for the recommendation!!

Do you use your T7 for hunting cartridges like the 7mm/300Win Mag chambering?

Can they handle the larger "magnum" cartridges like 338 Allen Mag or 375 Allen Mag big?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.