Which Nightforce

Unless I should be considering the NX8 models: 2.5-20x50 F2 or 4-32x50 F1? I just figured the glass was better in the ATACR and was concerned with the complaints of eye box on the NX8 models.
I have the opportunity too shoot just about any optic I want.. my favorite in in big scopes in F1 is the kahles 5-25i MOAK ret in a more compact setup is the 4-32x50 F2 CF2D nx8 is money!! then if you want ultralite but bad *** the mark compact 2.5-25x42 is an amazing little scope ......when it comes too complaints about eye box being tight when you stack an 8X optical magnification into a scope that small its going to happen.

Last edited:
NX8 vs ATACR ... how much better is the glass, eye box and durability is the ATACR over the NX8?
the ATACR F2 is crazy how forgiving it is .. the glass is very good but the F1 ATACR is better .... if they made the same style reticle as the CF2D but in F1 and put it in the F1 ATACR 5-25 it would be my absolute favorite scope

I would get the NX8, but only because that is the finest riflescope I can imagine owning.

I have no idea why I would get this over a Tract Toric 4-20x or even a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x.

I guess I'm just not worthy. Since I'm talking out my butt, have you considered a ZCO?

Also, from a standpoint that I can speak from….fancier than the NX8 gets heavy. What are you doing with your scope while hunting that the NX8 or one of the lowly scopes I use cannot do? I sincerely want to know.

@nksmfamjp the scopes you mentioned along with many others would probably be perfectly fine. However, since I am building my dream rifle, I want to get the best I can reasonably get. I am looking for great glass, forgiving eye box and reliability in both tracking as well as ruggedness. I haven't ruled out the NX8 line, however, I'm concerned with the many complains on the eye box.

I have considered the ZCO, March and some others. They however, are slightly more than I feel I need/want to spend.

The Leupold Mark 5 was on my short list as well. I am not sure on FFP and have read about some issues of loss of zero.

Thanks!

FFP for hunting is tough. Mark5 at 3-10x is pretty much can't see the ret. I've had Mark5,6HD,Huskamaw,V4 & V6 zeiss,Nxs,Nx8 and I'm not sure what eye relief problems your guy are talking about with the Nx8. BoomFlop you might just need to go look through all and decide yourself. We're just giving you opinions.

I have a few nightforce and like stated the atacr is tough to beat. I'm also in the same as you for distance. Mostly shorter but love to stretch it out more.
What I've found is it's better to have less mag at the higher end then to much at short. For me 5x is to much for hunting closer range especially if you jump a deer.
Now at first you will think 16 is to little for 1k but it is not. I've done pretty good with it and tend to find myself not going much over 20x when shooting long range.
As a side note I was having the same issues and ended up with a March 2.5-25 to try. So far I like it but only time will tell. I would do the nx8 if it was me. I have not shot one but my brother has one and says it's great.