Which neck sizing dies?

A bump die is full length sizing unless you don't put it down far enough to bump.
This, like any combination, depends on the fitting.
Bump dies do not always size bodies. Some just squeeze bodies a bit below yielding(within springback), and the case bodies come out of the die on bumping at the same dimensions they went in.

My custom bump dies are set up this way -because I don't want to size case bodies. And I have a stock Redding body die in 223 that does not size bodies extracted from a Cooper chamber.
Just turned out this way.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the Forster Neck Bushing Bump dies will bump the shoulder back while sizing the neck. You just have to make sure not to bump too much.
You are right I looked it up. I would not do that because if you don't size the base some you will get bolt click on a firing or 2 with full power loads. I prefer my shells to go in and out of the gun with ease. I full length with a .002 bump and my rounds will function in and out easily and have no runout. Accuracy with necksizing is a myth. I can take brand new brass which is smaller then a full length sized case in every dimension. I can shoot 10 shot groups In the 4 inch range at 1000 yards while fireforming this new small brass. I have done it many times in competition where the groups were measured by the scoring committee. Matt

So I looked over the foster sight and I could not find any bump dies for a 300 ultra mag. I have measured FL sized brass with the hornady case measuring device. My neck sized brass measure to the sholder about .002 longer than my FL brass and cause the bolt to have tension on it. I am tring to find a die that will resize this part with out having to resize full length every time.

All,
I have been reloading for a few years and always full length resizing. I am going to start neck sizing my loads, especially with my belted magnums. I am looking for advice on which dies to by...brand and type (competition vs their standard) I do not shoot competition so if I dont need to buy expensive competition dies, that would be great, however, if they are really needed and worth it that is fine to. I am open to all suggestions. Just looking for dies that will simply work and be effective. If a die is 30 bucks like a standard RCBS neck sizing die...and works fine then great :)

Wilson, and forget the rest
gary

So I looked over the foster sight and I could not find any bump dies for a 300 ultra mag. I have measured FL sized brass with the hornady case measuring device. My neck sized brass measure to the sholder about .002 longer than my FL brass and cause the bolt to have tension on it. I am tring to find a die that will resize this part with out having to resize full length every time.

Redding body die is a shoulder bump die , body sizing from base to shoulder only.
Redding Die number 75288

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.