Which magazine box and follower is best for a "BDL" set-up on magnum hunting rifle??

toader

Looking to build a custom 300WM hunting rifle with a "BDL" style bottom metal. I want this thing to feed flawless and slick - is there a magazine box and follower that you guys prefer over the standard Remington OEM parts??

Any high quality after market mag boxes & followers out there??

Any "tricks" to getting flawless feeding in this type of set-up??

Re: Which magazine box and follower is best for a "BDL" set-up on magnum hunting rifl

Run a Wyatts CFE-12. You'll need to have the action machined to fit the extended box mag but when set up properly it will cycle flawlessly.

Re: Which magazine box and follower is best for a "BDL" set-up on magnum hunting rifl

Kevin:

Any other tips - i'd hate to have a brand bew BAT action machined on!!!!

The Wyatts CFE-13 is the same length as a factory box and won't need any machining done to fit. I spot weld the back of the magazine box shut so it's solid. File the weld flush on the inside. Then it's a matter of setting the feed lips just right.

Thanks for help Kevin!!

Do you just use factory Rem followers for your builds??

The Wyatts Center Feed boxes come with a flat follower. A standard magazine spring is the only extra part you'll need

Bat will cut the bottom to fit any length Wyatt box you want when you order it. A regular 300WM should be fine in a factory LA length box.

My BAT has been ordered for 8 months - set up for "BDL" style bottom metal. I was just curious if there were after market parts that were better than the standard OEM parts from Remington.

Seems Remington mag boxes, springs, & followers are commonly used in custom rifle builds - I just roll with Rem parts!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.