Which Mag for best/longest OAL?

djtjr

Guys which magazine out there allow for the longest internal dimensions to maximize OAL for a mag fed gun? I bought a defiance action thinking it was for an internal box and was going to go with an extended Wyatts but it will only accept bottom metal for a mag. I want as much freedom to have as long an OAL as possible to get VLD type bullets as close tot eh lands as possible and have notices some detachable mags have more room than others. which has the best as they all seem generally pretty short for VLD and heavy for caliber bullets? for those of you who like the mag and don't want to go the single shot route do you change reamer specs to allow fro shorter freebore so you can kiss the lands and still have ammo that is mag length?
Thanks for any info its greatly appreciated.

Guys which magazine out there allow for the longest internal dimensions to maximize OAL for a mag fed gun? I bought a defiance action thinking it was for an internal box and was going to go with an extended Wyatts but it will only accept bottom metal for a mag. I want as much freedom to have as long an OAL as possible to get VLD type bullets as close tot eh lands as possible and have notices some detachable mags have more room than others. which has the best as they all seem generally pretty short for VLD and heavy for caliber bullets? for those of you who like the mag and don't want to go the single shot route do you change reamer specs to allow fro shorter freebore so you can kiss the lands and still have ammo that is mag length?
Thanks for any info its greatly appreciated.

Depending on the caliber you are shooting, Accurate Mags sells mags with the front plate removed.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.