7mmMag--7 STW--7 ULTRA MAG--7WSM--Which best...

I was just looking for a sender SFII in 7mm RUM or STW but after looking for components for reloading I didn't find much at all. I have owned a 7mm rem mag in the past but looking on line I did find brass atleast for the rem mag. Brass for the stw or RUM I couldn't locate anything.

So what did I just do,,,, I just bought a NIB REM 700 Sendero SFII 7mm rem mag.

Can't wait to get started

If you were to have your smith open the chamber up to 7mm STW, brass can be relatively easy to find. Do a search for Nosler 8mm Rem Mag brass, and you should find plenty. Then to form it, you just run it through a 7mm STW full-length sizing die, load it, and shoot it. Then you have fully formed 7mm STW brass. It won't have the correct "7mm STW" headstamp, but you'll know what it is.

As for the 7mmRM brass, check around places like 3rg Gen Shooting Supply, Midsouth Shooters Supply, Midway USA, Bruno's Shooters Supply, Powder Valley, etc... Someone is bound to have some.

Mud, Thanks for that reply, I know the 8mm rem can be full length sized in a STW die and bingo. But I like to have my brass with proper headstamp. I know that's anal but, well I have no other thing to say about it except that would bother me LOL. Yes I am weird.

I have a hard time with my custom 6 shot 41 GRN revolver. It uses 44 mag brass necked down to 41. ITs freakin awesome. This gives me fits knowing I don't have proper head stamped. But I have heard there are some proper headstamped cases and I am always looking.

But I have to say I am very glad that I chose the Sendero SFII in 7mm rem mag as I will down the line get a 7mm RUM to sling those 180 VLD's.

My 7mm rem mag is going to get fed some 168 VLD's in the very near future. But If I decide that they are too close in performance I might just jump up to a 300 RUM done by redhawkrifles.

Thanks for the ideas

Brian

I was just looking for a sender SFII in 7mm RUM or STW but after looking for components for reloading I didn't find much at all. I have owned a 7mm rem mag in the past but looking on line I did find brass atleast for the rem mag. Brass for the stw or RUM I couldn't locate anything.

So what did I just do,,,, I just bought a NIB REM 700 Sendero SFII 7mm rem mag.

Can't wait to get started
Congrats. There's a good bit of quality factory ammo out there that it will probably shoot fine with and then you'll have a good supply of once fired/fireformed brass to work with!

Congrats. There's a good bit of quality factory ammo out there that it will probably shoot e with and then you'll have a good supply of once fired/fireformed brass to work with!

I have some brass from my old 7 mm rem mag I sold off a while ago and even some loaded ammo I never got to shoot lol. But I am wanting to get some GOOD QUALITY brass to stock pile. But till I get some good stuff I will stuff some of my older brass I have laying around.

I have some brass from my old 7 mm rem mag I sold off a while ago and even some loaded ammo I never got to shoot lol. But I am wanting to get some GOOD QUALITY brass to stock pile. But till I get some good stuff I will stuff some of my older brass I have laying around.
I don't think Lapua makes 7mm Rem but you can check. If not Remington Brass is pretty decent and usually not that hard to find for the more popular/common calibers.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.