Which drop away rest?

blipelt

I currently shoot a bowtech guardian at 72lbs. I am looking for a new drop away rest to replace my whisker biscuit(weakest link?). I want to become more accurate out at the seventy yard range. I currently shoot a 12" group average at 70 yards. I just want to get the most out of my setup and all the practice I am doing isn't closing the group up anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Bowtech guardian 72lbs
goldtip prohunter 5575
100gr expandable
spothogg sdp sight
fuse stablizer

Thanks for the help

Brent

Last edited:
I've got a bow tech 82nd and it has a limb driver drop away rest, I shoot out to 120 yds with it. If I do my part I can keep 5 arrows in less than a pie plate at that distance. Another thing I have found for better accuracy you need to have your arrows a little on the stiff side. Hope this helps.

Nathan

Limbdriver rest would be what I recommend as well. Install a SSStrings Maxx kit, and have a really trick setup.

Binary cam bows (like your Guardian) are very sensitive to cam timing. It's been my experience that other fall away rests, that have the trigger cord attached to one of the cables can affect cam timing when at full draw.

It might seem like a very small tug that those rests place on the cable, but in my testing using a draw board, I've lost up to 10% of my letoff because of a mistuned conventional drop away rest, and this slight pull on the down cable.

The Limbdriver doesn't have that problem.

Others have stated it's the most accuracy forgiving rest if properly tuned. I've gotten good results with all the drop aways accuracy wise, but the Limbdriver was the only one to give me all my letoff.

Good luck.

BTW-12" groups at 70 yards is good shooting....shows you what practice can do for you. I'm willing to bet the Limbdriver will get you even shooting better.

Thanks for the infomation it sure does help.

Autorotate, thank you for the compliment of group size, I would like to get it down to 6" before I will try the harvest anything at that range.

One nice thing about bow, I can walk out my door and shoot. I can't say that for rifle though.

Brent

I'm using a QAD Ultrarest, which is similar to the Ripcord. Full capture at the ready position and full clearance at the shot.

Thanks for all the information, my groups are getting smaller by the day. I did go with the Limb driver. An early fathers day gift for myself:D. I can't wait to go out and do alittle antelope decoying and mule deer spot and stalking.

Brent

Thanks for the help, the limb driver(I went with it because of tuning the binary cam) really tightened up my groups or the all the practice is paying off. This is starting to be a typical group out at 50-70yds.

7-04-09001.jpg

I cut my average group just about in half!!! This is just over 6" at 70yds. I even broke out an old deer target instead of my bag target. I set this deer up with the intentions if I miss I loose the arrow.

Brent

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.