Which crossbow to buy?

stonehands1

I think I need one of these? Some areas we hunt have great deer but the property owners say no guns. No problem totally get it. Due to shoulder damage drawing a bow is difficult. So crossbow it is but I have no idea what's good whats bad whats needed whats not needed.
I would also like to mount my thermal on it for some night time coyote shooting.
Lighted nocks so I can find them available?
Not looking for the cheapest one either.
Thanks

I went down this road a couple of years ago. You can drop a wheelbarrow full of $$$ on the latest and greatest Xbow. I didn't want to chase the latest and greatest. I found a Wicked Ridge (made by 10 Point) at a reasonable price and it serves my purpose. I am very comfortable out to around 60 yards. Those crossbows are loud though.

I purchased a cheap Barnett to use a couple years ago since I have a torn rotator cuff. Realizing I wasn't going to be able to shoot my compound bow any longer I upgraded to a Ten Point with the accudraw and have been very happy with ease of draw (cranking) and accuracy. Made in USA is also a plus for me.
Not sure about the thermal but lighted nocks are available for all bolts as far as I know.
Get yourself a good sling and be sure to lube the rail frequently.

I have a Raven and a Parker Tornado F4. I have much better range with the Raven, but the parker has been a reliable bow for 15 years. I am actually thinking of letting the Parker go so if you want to discuss it, reach out to me, but this was not an attempt to sell you something. Biggest thing to check on is customer support as all crossbows have issues from time to time.

Following along with this one as my dad is in the market as well.

I have heard fantastic things about ravin but I'm not sure I can muster $1200 for the cheapest one. I understand you get what you pay for, but I believe there has to be a 'best value' item out there.
I found a Wicked Ridge (made by 10 Point) at a reasonable price and it serves my purpose. I
This should be on your list

Wicked Ridge M370 is my suggestion . Taken at 60yards , went 70 yards , DRT .
image1.jpeg

I have a sever injury to my right shoulder around 15 years ago had always shot longbows and was very good at shooting up to 100 yards....
Picked up a Excaliber Exomax I have shot at least 2 bucks every year and on my 3rd bow string....
Excaliber bows are a simple design will shoot day in day out without all the problems associated with wheeled compound crossbows....I've been shooting mine for over 15 years total investment has been new strings and lost or broken arrows and I have shot the bow 1000's of times....no one can do that with any wheeled crossbow....