Which brand?

darrindlh

The caliber is a 300 winmag. Now I need help on which rifel
1. Winchester model 70 extreme weather
2. Weathdrby vanguard s2 stainless

Which one guys my return is coming back. So I need a longrange hunting rifle for elk to 800 and deer and bears and antelope to 1k. Thank you for your help

Darrin

I know how you feel. Sometimes its so hard to choose it drives me crazy sometimes.
I dont think it is going to matter which one you end up choosing as far as they both end up having good accuracy.
I was stuck between a Tiika T3, Sako A7 and a Winchester m70 extreme sporter all in 270 WSM

I ended up going with the Winchester just because it had a B&C medalist stock and a nice looking mat black fluted barrel

If they both feel good to you when you shoulder it, then just pick the one you think looks better or is less expensive

Thank you for the reply guys. Roninflag I do not trust remington as I feel there quality control has gone to the crapper. I just sold a remington 300 that I bought in april. From the box I had to send itin. The extractor was broken from factory. I will never buy another remington.

Timmay, I think you are right. I love the extreme weather. Bell and carlson stock, stainless fluted, 26 inch barrel. But the new vangaurd is awesome as well. Im leaning towards the model70

There is another caliber you should look into its the 950 JDJ. Great Long Range Caliber, one day ill get one.

I would go with the Winchester EW. I had handled both and my favorite was the winny. Not that the Vanguard would be a bad choice I jut think the EW is the better choice of two very nice rifles!

I don't have any experience with the vanguard, but the Winchester is a very smooth action and I love the 3 position safety that blocks the firing pin and locks the bolt down, stays on safety when unloading. However, I haven't had much luck with getting one to shoot very well, struggle to get moa with the ones I have worked with, but I own 2 of them. The newer rifles may have better barrels.
FElightbulb

Thank you for all of your replys. Now this weekend I came across the new browning abolt longrange hunter. Honestly it looks like a real shooter. Also tikka t3. Now what say you guys.

Darrin.
Ps I know I am a confused man.

I like the Winchester action and have a few that shoot exceptionally well. For the shooting you describe, I would consider the Savage LRH. I got one a few years ago and have a few buddies that also got one. It's extremely accurate, carries well, but has enough barrel weight to handle the 1000 yard work. The barrel, brake , stock with Kardsten cheek rest, and trigger could be advantages over the other brands you are considering. IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.