Which bipod to use

Jinx

Hello

I am going antelope hunting in pretty flat terrain and want to know what experience there is out there regarding bipods. The shooting will mostly take place laying down or sitting. The bipods which I am looking at is the Harris, Buffalo River or Ridge Rock. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Hello

I am going antelope hunting in pretty flat terrain and want to know what experience there is out there regarding bipods. The shooting will mostly take place laying down or sitting. The bipods which I am looking at is the Harris, Buffalo River or Ridge Rock. Any advice will be much appreciated.

I like the Harris with the swivel to allow you to level the rifle in uneven terrain.

I don't know much about the others but if they have the features they should be allright.

J E CUSTOM

Harris is made in the USA.
Harris has a lifetime warranty

40% off at this dealer:

Harris Engineering S-LM Series S-LM Bipod- 9-13" - ManVenture Outpost, LLC

I just got one for my .338LM.

The other brands you mentioned are made in China crap

I looked at a Harris where I live (south Africa) and they look really good and sturdy. The problem is they cost $250 over here, and the dealer which you mentioned above cannot ship them to me.

I will try and get hold of it from another dealer.

Regards

i just bought this one - New Page 2

look at the features you get, pan, cant and tilt, all steel and aluminium, solid as a rock, no weak swivel stud mounting but a quick release picatinny mount (although you can buy adapter if you want to use a swivel stud) the price is $125 not $179 as listed on website. They will ship overseas no problem. hands down winner, harris is junk by comparison.

Review and closer look here... http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1741054

Last edited:
The Rock Creek Spike foot and Raptor foot models are only available to military markets. Thats sucks for the average joe like me...not sure why that's their policy but, oh well.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts