Which Binocular?

Vortex's warranty is impeccable

The Zeiss are $150 cheaper but the Vortex's warranty is great. I looked through both of them and can't see any difference. I have a lot of gear to buy before my Wyoming elk hunt and money is going fast so I'm not sure what I should do.

The Zeiss are $150 cheaper but the Vortex's warranty is great. I looked through both of them and can't see any difference. I have a lot of gear to buy before my Wyoming elk hunt and money is going fast so I'm not sure what I should do.

Shop around, check ebay. Vortex warranties their product regardless if orig owner. Also free up some cash and get a lower priced pair. I have been very happy w/ my vortex diamondbacks. I even bought a second pair for my girlfriend. And I won't get too terribly butt hurt if I happen to lose'm on the mountain.

This is nowhere near what you are asking about, but I'll chime in. I have Leupold BX-3 in 10x50 and I like them quite a bit. Best pair of bino's I've ever had, but I've never had the pleasure of using Swarovski, Vortex Razor HD, etc. Anyways, you might check out a pair of them. I've even seen them as low as $350. It would save you some dollars for that high priced taxidermy work you might want done after your hunt or allow you to make some upgrades to your rifle (if it needs any).

I'd choose the Meopta Meostar 10x42 HD at this price point. I own this pair, my hunting partner owns the Zeiss, and my Dad owns Swarovskis. My hunting partner usually only buys Swaro, so I was surprised he bought the Zeiss.

He compared my Meoptas with his Zeiss, and wishes he'd bought the same pair I did and saved some money.

Meopta Sports Optics - USA

I hunt with Minox HG 8x33 BR ASPH.

The real limitation is that they are strapped to my chest and I eat while bouncing in the truck and food lands in the eye pieces.

Someone needs to invent the binocular chest mount bib.

well I have hunted out west for 20 years. and I have used a lot of different binos over the years. and I have killed game with each pair. but I will tell you this if you buy cheap you will buy twice. You truly get what you pay for when it comes to glass. MY suggestion is buy the very best you can afford and you will be happy. both binoculars that you want will do the job for you. but the Razors do have the best warranty. I would get them. but the bottom line is they are just one piece of your tool box for the hunt.

Thanks for the advice guys! I just ordered the Razor's because of the warranty. I have several of their scopes and I'm very happy with them.

Binocs for viewing ONLY--> Meopta Meostar By far the best for the money in high end binocs.

For viewing and laser rangefinding/cartridge ballistic/inclination firing solutions
--> Bushnell ARC 1 Mile Again, the best binocular LRF for the money though a few steps below the Meopta in optical clarity. I like mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.