which 700 based action?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by joshua99ta, Nov 25, 2009.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. joshua99ta

joshua99ta Well-Known Member

Ok guys I'm just doing research on my next rifle build. Right now the guy that is building this rifle has offered me 2 options. A modded 700 action, I don't remember what he does though, or a stiller action.

little info on what I want to do. I want a great shooting hunting rifle that if I like I can go shoot at the range. I really want a great shooting rifle that shoots awesome for a hunting rifle. I thought about just buying a Sandero and working it up... but after I buy the rifle, throw a break on it, trigger, add a barrel, and some action work I'll have more in it than if I would have went that route in the first place.

Where do stiller actions stand in the realm of aftermarket actions?

Billy will build me anything I want I just want to make sure I'm making the right choices. I can't get on any websites to read anything about this stuff here at work and never have time to look at home.

2. Longshot38

Longshot38 Well-Known Member

Stiller makes any excellent product especially for the money. Also the pricing is right if you can pickup it up and do a face to face transaction (dealer pricing). However I am not familar with the other action you mention, thus I can't tell you how the two stack up.

3. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

4. joshua99ta

joshua99ta Well-Known Member

thanks fellas... im pretty sure I'm gunna go w/ a stiller action. I think it will set off the gun I want to build perfectly.