Which 300?

So far, the following have been ordered

300 WM, Redding Type S Full bushing die set
Rem 700 SS LA
Bartlein Carbon barrel, 24" 1:8, #4/Bull Sporter
Proof Carbon stock in green. Couldn't get a Proof until next April/May, even with my connections.
Hawkins Precison Obendorf BDL BM
Timney #532, 2-stage straight trigger, 8 oz/8 oz

Can't talk about the bullet yet. It has yet to be released to the public.....but soon!

Go over to accurateshooter that is simply not true they have even posted it.

Well, I guess I'll go tar and feather their Retail manager. Here's an email copied and pasted when I asked a while Back.

>>>>>>>>>

Chris,

We will be eventually making the WSM brass. But to be Honest it is going to be a little while. Im thinking the end of the year or next year.

Ben Preston
Retail Manager

Peterson Cartridge Company
www.petersoncartridge.com
Office: (724) 940-7552 Ext. 205
Cell: (724) 256-1054

ITAR NOTICE: The contents and/or attachments of this email may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Transfer of technical data by any means to a non-U.S. citizen, within or outside of the United States, without prior written approval from the U.S. Department of Defense Trade Controls is prohibited.

Last edited:
Here's the post

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200828-194943_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200828-194943_Chrome.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 107
Will you have enough velocity?

My 300 is being finished up....hopefully by September end...
Winchester 70 CRF
Timney trigger 2.25lb
Bell & Carlson Sporter stock with 14" lop
Brux SS barrel 300 Sherman, 24"
Cerakote Black
Open sights plus Meopta 3-18x50 FFP MRAD

Cant wait to test drive it soon!

Based on what people are getting from 26 inch barrels I believe so.

To be clear, my goal is 2600. As stated above, everything is a compromise and I'm after short and light so velocity is the give up. I feel like the 230s are fine at 2600 as that gives you 2000 fps at 500 yards and sea level. All about goals for a build.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.