Where's the powder?

I saw this happening as soon as the election results were in, so I spent way more money than I wanted to on powders that I figured would be hard to source. I'm glad that I did, because I have plenty for my needs. I was well stocked on primers because I have seen this happen before and like others, I vowed for it to not happen to me again.
Amen and ditto. You must be

I'm on the mail list for several distributors some of which are Natchez, Midsouth,Powder Valley In the last 8 months I have picked up 2 pounds n570 and have only once seen h1000 posted but just missed it by 10 minutes according to the time of the email. I watch my email regularly throughout the day and do call Powder Valley. I have checked with local distributors here in Fort Worth and surrounding area also Scheels. All tell me they are out? So if y'all are finding powder that's on the fairy dust list that has to be a special gift from above. I sure want to be on that list.
About my same comments...on every lust and don't get a hit

QUOTE="Bruce Hall, post: 2423246, member: 110156"]
Up here in Montana it's been rare to find anything. Yesterday I was at a new store in Missoula and they had a lot of the V V stuff I have never used so I bought a 4lb,4 you get extra in lb.'s $159 pistol powder they had all the Accurate powders too, like Zip for $27 a Lb.
[/QUOTE]
Cabela's in Billings had powder and Scheels had more. 6.5 Staball and N powders. Others also. I didnt need anything but noticed. A lot off CCI small rifle primers released in Wy. and Billings. Pricey. $8.95 to $10.95 per 100. Glad I don't need either.

Last edited:
GunBroker is full of people that can't find it anywhere else and are bidding it to the sky.

My local gun shop is selling primers, for $8.00 , limit of one sleeve per day. They have powders usually. They have a huge store and sell tons of everything on GunBroker.

But if you want a gun you can't find it, I bet you can find it online.

Cabela's near me hasn't received anything much in months. The other sporting goods places either. I don't see anything advertised online.
I, too, do not see much influx of critical reloading components at the Buffalo Cabelas. They now have SOME powder and a a few more bullets, mostly Hornady. Not a trace of any brand of primers. They do, though, have more reloading TOOLS. They ARE making a comeback, albeit slowly.

Contrast this to my local gunstores. They have been able to consistently provide me with all the expendable reloading components. On Wednesday I was even able to purchase various primers. A few Winchesters, a thousand CCI BR2's, and a thousand Federal 200's. These were at three different stores in an all-day excursion.

Bullets can be problematic. I depend completely on 'on line' sources, but patience is required. I recently purchased eight hundred Berger Hybrids from a company that allows backorders.

My sense is that things are coming back.... slowly.

It is hard every where.
Up north in Canada the same thing.
Powders are hard to find.
Me thinks a war will do the trick quiet nicely, and nations are ppreparing slowly.
Also we help create a problem, with panic buying.
I am stocked till the next century.....but only have maybe 15-20 years left.🤣🤣🤣

It is hard every where.
Up north in Canada the same thing.
Powders are hard to find.
Me thinks a war will do the trick quiet nicely, and nations are ppreparing slowly.
Also we help create a problem, with panic buying.
I am stocked till the next century.....but only have maybe 15-20 years left.🤣🤣🤣
Good , send me some excess imr 4350 , just 5 pounds will due.

Just grabbed 1lb N570 (last one) from lgs today. They still had other various ones I don't use. The one they did have that I also use is US869 but I'm pretty good with that as I just grabbed two in the last week. That's one thing my up there road lgs has is 869 and about 6 more left.