Where's the powder?

I shoot the Peregrine VLR4's over everything else.

Not far behind on the list is the Hornady Interbond then the Nosler Accubond.

I had some decent luck with the Hornady ELD-X's at ranges over 400 yards but everything I shoot other than the 260's are really screamers with MV's exceeding 3,000fps at the muzzle.

In my Winnies which I don't shoot a whole lot anymore the VLR4's just tore it up in Africa along with the 180gr accubonds and interbonds.

Hornady is really doing the hunting world a disservice not keeping Interbonds high on their production priority list. If they'd make a 200-210gr Accubond in 30 cal it would probably be the best bullet for the money on the market as far as terminal performance goes.

If they'd use the same bonding process with the ELD-X as with the Interbond they'd really have something special but each of the 3 times I've talked to them about it the answer was a polite, "no".

I've had some decent luck with the Barnes LRX and MRX but the MRX is off the market and I haven't seen any LRX's on the shelves in a very long time.

They didn't shoot as well for me as the Peregrine but they were close and not quite as reliable for terminal performance but close.
I have never used any Peregrine VLR4, I looked at their website, are these bullets really for bigger game than 200lb deer?
The distances I can get a shot on could be from 25 yds to 500 yds, will it perform at 25 yds or just pencil through?
I don't like shooting the shoulders unless I have to because of the meat damage. My preferred shot placement is through the lungs midway down behind the shoulder to get as little meat damage as possible.

I like pass-through shots that expand so I have a blood trail if the deer doesn't know it's dead and it runs off. I hunt in lots of trees and it's not always possible to watch them go down and that's why I like the pass-through bullets.
I was hunting in Nebraska last year when I shot the WT and MD and it was completely different terrain. Lots of gullies/ravines whatever you want to call them and on top of them there were some trees that also went down into the ravines, but nothing like at home where I hunt.
Up there I could use a different bullet that dumps all its energy into the deer because of it being so wide open, again compared to what I hunt at home, That's why I'm probably going to try the Hammer line of bullets. I just put together a Rem 300 WM and with it, I have some magazine room to play with the seating depth that I didn't have with the Model 7 300 WSM, which is why I'm going to try something different. I'll start out finding something for the 300 WM, but if I cannot find some Noslers online soon I will start finding a new load for those other rifles I mentioned.
I like to hear the 3 bullets 2 deer.
Good luck with new rifle.

Powder Valley has IMR4350. 1 lb. size only. Just got in my order $20 cheaper than Natchez was on 2 lb. They give you a 20 minute window to get your order in.

I shoot the Peregrine VLR4's over everything else.

Not far behind on the list is the Hornady Interbond then the Nosler Accubond.

I had some decent luck with the Hornady ELD-X's at ranges over 400 yards but everything I shoot other than the 260's are really screamers with MV's exceeding 3,000fps at the muzzle.

In my Winnies which I don't shoot a whole lot anymore the VLR4's just tore it up in Africa along with the 180gr accubonds and interbonds.

Hornady is really doing the hunting world a disservice not keeping Interbonds high on their production priority list. If they'd make a 200-210gr Accubond in 30 cal it would probably be the best bullet for the money on the market as far as terminal performance goes.

If they'd use the same bonding process with the ELD-X as with the Interbond they'd really have something special but each of the 3 times I've talked to them about it the answer was a polite, "no".

I've had some decent luck with the Barnes LRX and MRX but the MRX is off the market and I haven't seen any LRX's on the shelves in a very long time.

They didn't shoot as well for me as the Peregrine but they were close and not quite as reliable for terminal performance but close.
Scheels has 30 cal 200gr Accubonds available right now and they will ship them

Ok, just bought 1 lb H1000 at LGS. It was $39.99 so if a little hole in the wall shop can do this, it is readily APPARENT the big retail box stores are definitely sticking it to their customer base. This powder came in within past month so it is not old stock. Date of mfg is 11/01/21.
BD7D33AD-6034-4A3C-999A-F05BB7179546.jpeg
0B5C782B-5057-483F-B511-4658B67C5F39.jpeg

My cabalas doesn't put it out of shelfs anymore. You have to ask at counter and they will tell you what they have, same for primers. Picked up H1000 and staball last Saturday and 500 LR primers. all behind lock and key not seen. Only thing on shelf was black powder.
Same here. I am 45 minutes away from my nearest Cabela's. They don't put it out on the shelf either and limit to one pound per customer, that is why I always bring my wife with me. One of the guys said just call every morning, that is the only way you re going to get any. As things are going now you never know when the end is going to come. Was different in the past.

Umm you started the argument by pontificating and being condescending to people who want to find the components for their pet loads.

Sig Sauer makes great ammo loaded to SAMMI Specs which as good as it is isn't going to be as accurate as loads specifically tuned to your own rifle, chamber, and barrel. Sig Sauer also puts out a very limited catalogue of Ammo for sale and it's not all available in every store in the country.

View attachment 336705

As for your supposed expertise, You had to have it explained 3 different times that a .277 is not a 7mm.

You may fool a lot of novices but you're not fooling anyone here.
If you go to a conversion chart and change 0.277 to mm it comes up with 7.0358 MM. Use any conversion chart you want and the answer will be the same. 7.0358 mm. That seems to be a 7MM round to me????

As for components, if you shop around, with the exception of new cases and powder they are available. I have bought primers and bullets within the past few months, specifically Federal LR Magnum Primers, Sierra, Hornady and Nosler bullets. If you are not finding it you are not searching the right places. Don't hesitate to search the Auction sites. go to WWW.Proxibid.com and start searching their online firearm auctions. Kramer Auction Service has one starting in a few days, you might want to check them out. I bought 100 rounds of Sierra 130 gr 270 last week for $35. After auction premiums, handling and shipping I only have $46 invested in bullets that retail for much more than that, but are hard to find otherwise. As mentioned, stuff is out there you just have to search for it.

If you go to a conversion chart and change 0.277 to mm it comes up with 7.0358 MM. Use any conversion chart you want and the answer will be the same. 7.0358 mm. That seems to be a 7MM round to me????

As for components, if you shop around, with the exception of new cases and powder they are available. I have bought primers and bullets within the past few months, specifically Federal LR Magnum Primers, Sierra, Hornady and Nosler bullets. If you are not finding it you are not searching the right places. Don't hesitate to search the Auction sites. go to WWW.Proxibid.com and start searching their online firearm auctions. Kramer Auction Service has one starting in a few days, you might want to check them out. I bought 100 rounds of Sierra 130 gr 270 last week for $35. After auction premiums, handling and shipping I only have $46 invested in bullets that retail for much more than that, but are hard to find otherwise. As mentioned, stuff is out there you just have to search for it.
Maximum Bore diameter is 6.86mm for the 270 and 6.8 Western That's why 7mm bullets will blow up or otherwise severely damage your rifle if you shoot them in a .270.

Note the bore diameter, 6.86mm of the 6.8 Western.

If they were 7mm cartridges they would be labeled as 7mm's not 6.8 or .270.

It should be embarrassing to have to have this explained to you yet again.

Just stop.

I have never used any Peregrine VLR4, I looked at their website, are these bullets really for bigger game than 200lb deer?
The distances I can get a shot on could be from 25 yds to 500 yds, will it perform at 25 yds or just pencil through?
I don't like shooting the shoulders unless I have to because of the meat damage. My preferred shot placement is through the lungs midway down behind the shoulder to get as little meat damage as possible.
I've shot everything from Duiker to Buffalo with them in everything from 6.5mm-375cal.

Never had a problem with performance with them period.

Because of their proprietary tip and patented opening that steps down they always open for me at impact speeds over 1,700fps. The one coyote I shot at ridiculous range with the 300 Rum with an impact speed of around 1,200 even had a larger than caliber sized exit.

The only one I can tell you for sure that didn't expand, and I didn't want it to, was the one I shot an Duiker with in my buddy's 6.5x55.

Now keep in mind, they will expand retaining in every case where I recovered bullets 95% or more of their weight unlike even the best cup and core bullets and usually I get an exit around the size of a golfball, maybe a bit bigger.

They one thing I can tell you is that they are the most consistent bullet I've ever used.

I don't take "lung shots", on Deer I either shoot for the spine or the Heart/Heart Lung Junction. I would expect shooting lungs only, especially a high lung shot that the animals would run a fair bit before cratering.

In every case though where I've recovered the bullet I had a greater than caliber sized frontal section so they won't pencil through like I've seen many times with the Barnes TSX and TTSX.

They also give you a considerable upgrade in MV compared to conventional bullets and other Mon's that lack the drive bands.

Here's the link, it loads slowly so be patient.

I've shot everything from Duiker to Buffalo with them in everything from 6.5mm-375cal.

Never had a problem with performance with them period.

Because of their proprietary tip and patented opening that steps down they always open for me at impact speeds over 1,700fps. The one coyote I shot at ridiculous range with the 300 Rum with an impact speed of around 1,200 even had a larger than caliber sized exit.

The only one I can tell you for sure that didn't expand, and I didn't want it to, was the one I shot an Duiker with in my buddy's 6.5x55.

Now keep in mind, they will expand retaining in every case where I recovered bullets 95% or more of their weight unlike even the best cup and core bullets and usually I get an exit around the size of a golfball, maybe a bit bigger.

They one thing I can tell you is that they are the most consistent bullet I've ever used.

I don't take "lung shots", on Deer I either shoot for the spine or the Heart/Heart Lung Junction. I would expect shooting lungs only, especially a high lung shot that the animals would run a fair bit before cratering.

In every case though where I've recovered the bullet I had a greater than caliber sized frontal section so they won't pencil through like I've seen many times with the Barnes TSX and TTSX.

They also give you a considerable upgrade in MV compared to conventional bullets and other Mon's that lack the drive bands.

Here's the link, it loads slowly so be patient.

Thanks.