Where to get Winchester 70 Action Trued/Blueprinted

FrankieJames7

I have a post 64 model 70 I'd like to get trued during the next rebarreling. I have a 70 classic stainless boss, with control round feeding.

I am wondering how do gunsmiths and machinest find the true center of the bolt raceway and determine what is the centerlines of the action? On a remington it's easy because is is just round.

I'd like my receiver face trued, locking lugs trued, bolt lugs trued, bolt sleeved even with CRF, bolt face trued, and have the threads looked at to see if they are straight

I would like someome who is experienced and knowledgeable to do this and would like to know how much it would cost

Chad Dixon at LRI does Model 70 truing. He has a way ti fixture them on a mill. I don't think he will sleeve the bolt but he will do everything else you are wanting.

my location is Alaska, i am looking to make my .338 winchester m70 classic stainless boss into an accurate long range shooter. good stock is next on the list as i already have a badger 20 moa 1 piece picatinny which should help strengthen up the action.

Another place to consider is Gretan Rifles. They do good work but will probably take a lot longer than LRI.

Two good M70 gunsmiths are Mark Penrod of Penrod Precision in North Manchester, IN, and Randy Gregory of Accuracy Unlimited in Medford, WI. Either of them could do what you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.