when you feel like you've done everything

ARlife4me

Unless I do a wildcat cartridge to fit into specific platforms I can go no further? I have all the chambers/cartridges I could ask for or want, so what's next! Maybe it's the pain I live in everyday that drought me to this point, the time needed to do the sport I love or knowing I'm getting in more pain gradually every day and no doctors have a fix for my neck issues! Over 8 weeks without an ac, but Monday it'll be installed got me here also? School is starting for my last 4 (2 have graduated) (twins 8th grade, junior and a senior) in 11 days that'll take away more time from my sport, but that's ok. 28cals are boring for me (only 1), 27cals are overlooked (I have 2), 30cals are the sweet spot in medium cartridges (300nm/nmi would be my next step), 26cals are the easy buttons (5 different cartridges) and do have a few smaller cals along with a few bigger cals also. I spend my time mostly with AR platforms and have only built 2 BA's which was a cool factor! I guess I built myself into a corner trying to figure out what's next or next challenge? BTW, NO I'm not selling everything! What challenges do you have to more forward in the sport?

I used to like big bangers, still have several, but in 2017, 2 years after I had already destroyed my right shoulder, I irreparably destroyed my left shoulder…carrying such rifles very far is not an option. Luckily I make my own rifles, so I set about making SA rifles of much lighter carrying, but still capable of taking large game. So, I made 3 switch barrels on REM 700 and Win Model 70's, in 22-250/22-250AI 6.5x47 on REM 700 SPS, 6.5x47 and 7-08 on EW Model 70 and 260 and 260AI on REM 700 VSSF II for prone shooting, has had less than 20 rounds put through both barrels, haven't even fireformed half a dozen cases. It's my Dad's favourite, but I don't shoot anymore.
Anyway, this helped me a lot, little recoil, and lightweight rifles that you could build heavier if you wished, but are just easy to lug around and shoot off rests.

Cheers.

Build smaller caliber/case fun guns.
I didn't see you mention any 25s? 25CM, 25x47L, .250AI?

Smaller 6mm? 6GT, 6x47L, 6CM? Fast and flat.

Maybe a medium capacity 224? I am waitingbon a 22GT to be completed. Hoping to shoot a 77TMK and 85.5 Hyb.
I don't have any 25cals, but have 1 243win and several 22cals and none are bigger than 5.56. I only acquired a 28cal last week (7-08 AR barrel) so it's new. It has been a not cared for caliber for me to own, but no can shoot 4 different 150gr bullets in 4 different calibers (26, 27, 28 and 30). I'll set velocities at the same for all 4 and test against each other 1 day? I've thought about doing a 6mil benchrest (6ppc ?) in an AR and a 22 of the same instead of 224V and get close to 22creed and 22-250 speeds.

Well, I would try something with minimal data available for an opportunity for more fun, learning or just pulling your hair out!

Maybe even something like a Contender in 30 Herrett. That has been the most fun I've had in years getting that going!
I would think about 1 in a 45-70 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 .

Back on New Years Day of '87 I broke my left navicular bone which was a bummer as I shoot mainly/strong side left handed. Being ambidextrous helps in long guns, but pistols not so much. I still shoot pretty good, but not near as good left handed and recoil of a 9mil hurt when shooting left even supported. That was 25 years before my neck issue became an issue.